Have not received any emails for updated versions since July...

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

twocatsyelling

Have not received any emails for updated versions since July...

Post by twocatsyelling » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure where I should post this, as there's no "support" forum section, so I'll post here.

I originally purchased OWM back on July 13, 2016. That's the first, last and only version of the software I've gotten, or been able to use.

I just went to install it again, and found I can't run it because it's "expired". Further, the download link in my original email has expired, and I've not received any communication about how to receive any further updates. The email on record is valid and active, and nothing is going to my Spam folder, so it's nothing like that.

I'm assuming this has been a technical issue of some kind, because I refuse to believe you're selling a single Beta version, and once that's expired, you're shut out from future versions.

So how do I resolve this?

Thank you

user_nh

Re: Have not received any emails for updated versions since July...

Post by user_nh » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:52 am

I'm kind of in the same boat, had to reinstall the software and whoops, doesn't work ^^

As far as we have been told on the forums, a new beta is coming out before the end of the year (hopefully *bounces*), so my guess would be that thats the reason why they haven't kept the link to the current version up. Link to the thread: http://www.otherworldmapper.com/forum/v ... t=169#p959
Unless something goes terribly wrong, Beta 6 will be out before the end of the year. We are working through the last issues with the new tools. Worst case scenario we may have to turn off some of the functionality until the release after.

And thank you! :)

- Alejandro

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Friends,

I sent both of you new activation emails with the current Beta 5 version. If you don't see it right away, check your spam folder and if it's not there either please let us know!

Links Expiration
The links expire after a few months in case they get posted online since we don't do DMR copy protection/activation and all of that.

If you delete the installer/need it again, you can just email us at the email address from your receipt info@threemindssoftware.com :). We respond within 24 hours.

Beta Expiration
The beta versions expire because we only do compatibility testing for maps between the new and the previous version. Also, to encourage our users to work with the latest version with previously known issues fixed, and so you have the latest functionality.

The V1.0v and on versions won't expire!

@user_mv -> you are still on Beta 4 that's why it expired: current is Beta 5 and Beta 6 is coming out this coming week.

When a new release comes out we:

a) Send new download emails (might have ended up under spam)
b) Update the news section (now "blog") on our website and show the current version on the front page
c) If you go to the help menu you can check if a new version is available.
d) We also post on the forum and on our KS campaign, on FB and on G+.

Remember that Beta 6 will be coming out very soon, so please be on the lookout for another email in additional to your Beta 5 re-activation.

Thank you for your patience!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

user_nh

Post by user_nh » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Wow, thank you Kanchou - didn't expect to be sent another mail, especially with the new beta release coming so soon! You're the best :) (and yes, I received it just fine, though I did get a bit overexcited for a moment before I realised its not the new one - still awesome though, wanted to do a few tweaks and changes with my current map!)

twocatsyelling

Post by twocatsyelling » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Ahhh, excellent! Thank you for that!

I was a bit bummed, because I have a project I'm starting on and want to use OWM for it. So... now I can!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:59 am

user_mv wrote:Ahhh, excellent! Thank you for that!

I was a bit bummed, because I have a project I'm starting on and want to use OWM for it. So... now I can!

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you as well!

No worries. Each of us has been burned at one point or another by Kickstarter campaigns, programs that never left beta, etc. So we fully understand and expect you guys to keep us in check.

Back to working on Beta 6 :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 am

user_nh wrote:Wow, thank you Kanchou - didn't expect to be sent another mail, especially with the new beta release coming so soon! You're the best :) (and yes, I received it just fine, though I did get a bit overexcited for a moment before I realised its not the new one - still awesome though, wanted to do a few tweaks and changes with my current map!)
No problem! Always happy to be of help - just shoot us an email, or send us a message or post on the forums.

Very happy you are really excited about Beta 6 - we are too! Cool new features coming with Beta 6 :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:56 am

I happy this worked out well for these two. Plus, thanks to them, I learned that 6 should hopefully be out soon. l

That fills me happy joy :D

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 pm

And Beta 6 is out!!

Hopefully we will never again have so many months in between releases. 2016 seems to have been a crazy year for everyone!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software