 Mac Users 

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

jmanorama

 Mac Users 

Post by jmanorama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:54 pm

We're all very excited for the software and getting to use it, but let's talk about the Mac side of it. :D
It'll be coming later, and most users on here are Windows users, but some of us (or at least me) are purely OSX users.
So, introduce yourself and lets talk about this fantastic software and how we can't wait for it to come out on the *cough* superior OS. :P
-Jmanorama
-Jmanorama

akinw

Re:  Mac Users 

Post by akinw » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 am

Hey,

While I'm not strictly a Mac user, it is my primary system. I am looking forward to being able to use it natively on my main system. :)

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 am

Good Evening,

I'm not strictly a Mac user as I have a number of systems running a mixture of OS's. I'm happy to see that Mac and Linux will be getting some love from Three Mind's. I don't want to see OWM bogged down in development hell either. It seems like this crew has their work cut out for them and we can help out by being willing and available to test builds as they need. Very few things are more helpful to a development project than constructive feedback.

Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

stefanstr

Post by stefanstr » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 am

I am a 100% Apple user for a change. Mac+iPad+iPhone for the win.

I am not your typical applehead as I have been using both Linux and Windows for years, but have settled on Apple products. I am really happy to see OWM get a Mac version.

TBH, I haven't come across any reason to switch back, so far. I thought there would be more things I wouldn't be able to find applications for on the Mac.

EDIT: I wonder how many of the backers are Mac/Linux users. I am sure we are not the majority, but we sure are the most vocal on the forums so far.

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Another Mac OS user here. :D
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

dosdro@gmail.com

Post by dosdro@gmail.com » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 am

I shamefully admit that I do won a windows pc (for gaming, you know..) but given any choice I'm Mac or Linux 100%.

durwinfeanora

Post by durwinfeanora » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Another Mac user here. I have bootcamp, so if I have to wait for the mac version it will not be a problem, but I do prefer OSX. We made the change and I don't see myself using windows on a computer except for limited time.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:53 pm

jmanorama wrote:We're all very excited for the software and getting to use it, but let's talk about the Mac side of it. :D
It'll be coming later, and most users on here are Windows users, but some of us (or at least me) are purely OSX users.
So, introduce yourself and lets talk about this fantastic software and how we can't wait for it to come out on the *cough* superior OS. :P
-Jmanorama
Do you want us to create a "Mac and Linux"corner" subforum? It would encompass discussion on topics that relate to Mac and Linux users exclusively. That way you are not limited to just the one thread?

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Post by stefanstr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Kanchou wrote:
jmanorama wrote:We're all very excited for the software and getting to use it, but let's talk about the Mac side of it. :D
-Jmanorama
Do you want us to create a "Mac and Linux"corner" subforum? It would encompass discussion on topics that relate to Mac and Linux users exclusively. That way you are not limited to just the one thread?

- Alejandro
I think it would be nice to have one for the future although I don’t think it is necessary yet. No harm in creating it though. If you do create it, you might want to move the current 2 Mac threads over there.

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm

stefanstr wrote:I think it would be nice to have one for the future although I don’t think it is necessary yet. No harm in creating it though. If you do create it, you might want to move the current 2 Mac threads over there.
Good point Stefanstr. I'm not sure that empty forums are useful, at this stage, but when the Mac OS and Linux versions come out, there are going to be a lot of people wanting to talk about how they work (or bugs) or how to get OWM to work with other Mac OS/Linux software.

I would personally suggest waiting until the OWM forums have more than the number of topics needed to spill over onto a second page, before splitting topics off into subforums.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums