Importing Maps

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

lauraoliva

Re: Importing Maps

Post by lauraoliva » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm good with that. :)

I didn't want to get carried away with finding alternatives unnecessarily.

Magus Zeal

Post by Magus Zeal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Did SVG importation make it in with the new year release? Asking as I'm trying to figure out if there's anyway to bring over the version 7 maps to 8 without redoing everything.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Magus Zeal wrote:Did SVG importation make it in with the new year release? Asking as I'm trying to figure out if there's anyway to bring over the version 7 maps to 8 without redoing everything.
Sadly, no. However, we may be able to do something for those who need maps converted from alpha to beta format.

Were you mostly concerned with the "shapes"/outlines of the landmasses, rivers, etc?

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Magus Zeal

Post by Magus Zeal » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:09 am

Currently, yes it's only the outlines, hadn't actually gotten into real detail yet mostly focusing on getting continents/islands onto the world stage as it were. What's the plan going forward, as I don't want to end up with something akin to a finished map and find the next update requires I redo parts or the whole thing?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:16 am

Magus Zeal wrote:Currently, yes it's only the outlines, hadn't actually gotten into real detail yet mostly focusing on getting continents/islands onto the world stage as it were. What's the plan going forward, as I don't want to end up with something akin to a finished map and find the next update requires I redo parts or the whole thing?
1) Any artwork included with beta is "final" (features/symbols/textures). If a symbol has a "bug" (i.e. stray pixel) we will fix it, but keep it with the same name, etc. So you can use all the artwork without worrying that it will go away.

2) File format will be converted with newer versions if we make any changes, so no worries there either.

So starting with this beta, you can do finished maps knowing that you'll be able to open them with future versions.

Btw, like I said on the other thread, we are making a standalone .exe to convert alpha maps to beta format.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Magus Zeal

Post by Magus Zeal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Good to hear on all fronts. I'm looking forward to the conversion tool.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Magus Zeal wrote:Good to hear on all fronts. I'm looking forward to the conversion tool.
It's finished and uploaded. Take a look at other thread on the converter tool :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software