V1.0.5 Nears...

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Post Reply
User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 pm

Hello!

Wanted to give everyone an update on V1.0.5.

Windows is finished and regression is finished and will have the installer ready tonight, but we are delaying while fighting an OSX issue.

Starting with Big Sur (and partially under Mojave) Apple made an undocumented change to some of the drawing behavior that has a significant impact on performance. This is why some users had slow response with high resolution monitors (and really, in general if you had an older mac you updated to Mojave, Big Sur or Monterrey).

We were able to identify a solution and we are currently finalizing it. This is causing us to have to re-run a good portion of regression, so it's going to delay the release.

If it looks like it's taking too long, we may release Windows first and then OSX and Linux later.

Thank you for the patience!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

User avatar
Balmung
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Balmung » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 pm

All I need to know: Is this feature part of the update: https://otherworldmapper.com/forum/view ... =527#p2818 ?

User avatar
Balmung
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Balmung » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:38 am

Kanchou wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 pm
If it looks like it's taking too long, we may release Windows first and then OSX and Linux later.
It's almost two weeks now :)

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Kanchou » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Balmung wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:38 am
Kanchou wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 pm
If it looks like it's taking too long, we may release Windows first and then OSX and Linux later.
It's almost two weeks now :)
I blame Apple for breaking things :D

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Uldar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:46 am

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Uldar » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Really looking forward to the Win release. I started area exports of my 3000 building city map today for layout, and if any options for remembering area export parameters are included, it would be timely.

Thanks!

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Uldar wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm
Really looking forward to the Win release. I started area exports of my 3000 building city map today for layout, and if any options for remembering area export parameters are included, it would be timely.

Thanks!
We weren't able to get it into this release :(.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Balmung wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 pm
All I need to know: Is this feature part of the update: https://otherworldmapper.com/forum/view ... =527#p2818 ?
Didn't make it.... the artwork is ready, but we found some issues with the SVG parser that need to be addressed otherwise some of the symbols are wrong. It's at the top of next release's schedule, so hopefully it won't be as long - assuming Apple doesn't break anything else on us...

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Uldar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:46 am

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Uldar » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 am

Got my V1.0.5 today. Thank you for so many fixes! I'm shaking out my maps and don't see any issues so far. Looking forward to hearing what's targeted for scope in V1.0.6.

User avatar
Kanchou
Site Admin
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: V1.0.5 Nears...

Post by Kanchou » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Uldar wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 am
Got my V1.0.5 today. Thank you for so many fixes! I'm shaking out my maps and don't see any issues so far. Looking forward to hearing what's targeted for scope in V1.0.6.
Glad they are appreciated! :) and please do let us know if you find any issues.

The features like brushes and the SVG issues are the two top features. We hope to add those with V1.0.6 as well as whatever bug fixes we couldn't get in with V1.0.5, and probably make that the last release of the V1.0.x branch.

After that turning to the V1.1 content :)

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Post Reply