V1.0.2 is out!

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

V1.0.2 is out!

Post by Kanchou » Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello Everyone!

Our next release is out! Originally intended as a smaller release, it grew into a major release with new tools and new functionality. You can find more info in our blog :)

https://www.otherworldmapper.com/blog/n ... -released/

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Re: V1.0.2 is out!

Post by stefanstr » Mon May 25, 2020 5:02 am

I was excited to see you introduced a solution for elevation. Great news!

I have a few suggestions for that tool (maybe it's possible but I just couldn't figure out how to do it?
- it would be great if overlapping regions blended to create contiguous elevation maps
- it would be even greater if the insides of the contour had their own points we could move - elevation maps are rarely concentric like the effect we're getting right now

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon May 25, 2020 11:35 am

stefanstr wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:02 am
I was excited to see you introduced a solution for elevation. Great news!

I have a few suggestions for that tool (maybe it's possible but I just couldn't figure out how to do it?
- it would be great if overlapping regions blended to create contiguous elevation maps
- it would be even greater if the insides of the contour had their own points we could move - elevation maps are rarely concentric like the effect we're getting right now
Glad you like it! :)

On the requests. You can use merge to combine different contour regions which I think gives you want you are looking for, I think. The problem is that the union is "permanent."

However, we are planning to add the ability to shift the inside of the contour with additional control points in future releases. This is just the first iteration of the tool . :)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Post by stefanstr » Tue May 26, 2020 3:08 am

Thanks Kanchou, merging does what I want to an extent. What I had in mind and is not there yet, is "addition/multiplication", ie., the ability to stack regions to create higher mountains. But I guess you need to be able to have control points inside the region for that to work. I'm glad you have that on the roadmap. :)

Seradest

Post by Seradest » Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 pm

i need one option at the moment, i use vertical hex assets..... but in the grid option we cant select the width of the only the hight.........

so when your hex asset hat a little bit different dimensions..... you can use them because the cant snap together.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu May 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Seradest wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 pm
i need one option at the moment, i use vertical hex assets..... but in the grid option we cant select the width of the only the hight.........

so when your hex asset hat a little bit different dimensions..... you can use them because the cant snap together.
Do you want to be able to set the size via the "width" instead of "height"? Or be able to set both to have non-standard hexs (e.g. "flatter"?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Seradest

Post by Seradest » Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm

both to make them flat
it would be nice to have this option for any form in the grid section.

for now i use your dot grid, its not perfect but it works with my assets.

thx you

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat May 30, 2020 11:58 am

Seradest wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm
both to make them flat
it would be nice to have this option for any form in the grid section.

for now i use your dot grid, its not perfect but it works with my assets.

thx you
I'll add it to our list of potential functionality. We'll see how hard it is to implement with the way the grids currently work.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software