Dungeon Corridor, Room joins?

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

smithy

Dungeon Corridor, Room joins?

Post by smithy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:18 am

Hi,
was just playing about with the Dungeon element of the new Beta to see how it works and came across something i couldn't do, that i would expect to. When you create a corridor and connect it up to a room, there is no choice to have an opening ie. no door. You either have walls across or insert a door or window. Is it possible to do an opening or arch or something?
You can't merge like a landmass as they are counted as different types of feature. I can see something in Closed Area Properties called "Merge Walls" but can't seem to access it?
Its also the same with caves and where they join corridors or rooms - walls remain.

Cheers,
Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Dungeon Corridor, Room joins?

Post by Kanchou » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 pm

smithy wrote:Hi,
was just playing about with the Dungeon element of the new Beta to see how it works and came across something i couldn't do, that i would expect to. When you create a corridor and connect it up to a room, there is no choice to have an opening ie. no door. You either have walls across or insert a door or window. Is it possible to do an opening or arch or something?
You can't merge like a landmass as they are counted as different types of feature. I can see something in Closed Area Properties called "Merge Walls" but can't seem to access it?
Its also the same with caves and where they join corridors or rooms - walls remain.

Cheers,
Smithy

Smithy,

That is what the disabled option "merge walls" is going to be in the future. It's still got more bugs/issues that we feel comfortable having in a release, so it's still disabled.

We may actually do it more like you suggested and have it so you can manually add openings/arcs instead (that way you tell it exactly which one you want to be "open").

In any case, that functionality is planned and will be part of OWM.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software