Retaining Feature Scale

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

smithy

Retaining Feature Scale

Post by smithy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:06 am

Hi,
can you advise how to retain the scale of a feature that you have changed the size of, to create multiples of it?
eg. I want a tree that is much smaller than the template one and i want to place multiples of it in random fashion. At moment i have to re-do the scale again for each one or copy and paste the same one. It would be easier if the scale of the template choice was kept the same for that feature when you want to place another (or for all features of that type you chose - therefore you could put different versions of trees to mix them up).
This may be already possible and i just havent worked it out?

Cheers,
Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Retaining Feature Scale

Post by Kanchou » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:05 pm

smithy wrote:Hi,
can you advise how to retain the scale of a feature that you have changed the size of, to create multiples of it?
eg. I want a tree that is much smaller than the template one and i want to place multiples of it in random fashion. At moment i have to re-do the scale again for each one or copy and paste the same one. It would be easier if the scale of the template choice was kept the same for that feature when you want to place another (or for all features of that type you chose - therefore you could put different versions of trees to mix them up).
This may be already possible and i just havent worked it out?

Cheers,
Smithy
Smithy,

Sorry for the late reply. Beta 3 is almost here :)

Right now there isn't a way to do that, which we realized during beta testing is a functional issue. The solution we were thinking of is having a way to save feature presets/configurations similarly (but not exactly...) the way it's done for the other tools.

That way, for instance, you could select a tree, set it to 20% scale and then save that as a preset/configuration you can select again from the presets window.

Not quite what you were suggesting, but what do you think?

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

smithy

Re: Retaining Feature Scale

Post by smithy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:18 am

This would work. If it could be deleted easily afterwards would help too, as you could end up with a lot of versions of same thing.
Looking forward to next edition.

Smithy