Other World mapper vs wonderdraft

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

chongjasmine

Other World mapper vs wonderdraft

Post by chongjasmine » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:36 am

Which should I purchase and why?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Other World mapper vs wonderdraft

Post by Kanchou » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:55 am

chongjasmine wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:36 am
Which should I purchase and why?
Thank you for the question!

It's hard to answer without context, but my suggestion is that you try Other World Mapper's free demo and see if it works well for you :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

SilverSurfer1221

Re: Other World mapper vs wonderdraft

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:39 am

I own both Other World Mapper and Wonderdraft. For a time, I was quite enamored with Wonderdraft, mainly because it was so easy to use ... at least initially. But I found the program to be lacking as you dig deeper into it. Other World Mapper ... I found it to be a lot more powerful and still pretty simple to use. Of course, I work on a computer all day long creating 2D and 3D graphics for clients, so that could account for some of the ease-of-use. But I certainly found Other World Mapper to be a lot simpler to use than, say, Campaign Cartographer.

I like Wonderdraft, but I really, really like Other World Mapper. I've created maps in both and I always find myself defaulting to Other World Mapper ... every single time. I'm glad to have Wonderdraft and interested to see if the creator takes it further, but for me, it's Other World Mapper.

BTW - Getting in and controlling custom assets (i.e. how you get them in and placing them in folders, etc.) is a lot simpler in Other World Mapper than in Woderdraft.

But as has been said, try out the demo, go through a few tutorials, and see if you like Other World Mapper. I don't recall if Wonderdraft offers a demo or not.