Before I buy, I'd like to ask about a few features....

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Maldicta

Before I buy, I'd like to ask about a few features....

Postby Maldicta » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 pm

I've tried out the beta, but I've run into a few issues that I am not sure if are addressed in the full version. I'd like to ask if they are:

1. I can't make anything round in a dungeon. No matter how I try it, I get squares. I can't seem to make non-squares at all, in fact.

2. I'm not entirely clear on how to delete walls from a dungeon. When I place a room and a hallway, they have solid walls. Is there a way to remove those WITHOUT adding a door?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Before I buy, I'd like to ask about a few features....

Postby Kanchou » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Maldicta wrote:I've tried out the beta, but I've run into a few issues that I am not sure if are addressed in the full version. I'd like to ask if they are:

1. I can't make anything round in a dungeon. No matter how I try it, I get squares. I can't seem to make non-squares at all, in fact.

2. I'm not entirely clear on how to delete walls from a dungeon. When I place a room and a hallway, they have solid walls. Is there a way to remove those WITHOUT adding a door?

Welcome and thank you for the questions!

1. On this, you can change the tool you are using to be a different shape (round, polygon or line based) from the tool settings at the top
Tools.jpg
Tools.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 235 times

2. In most of the maps we've done as samples we normally use the close area or corridor tools for the outside and the wall tool for the inside, so the gaps are created by not having a wall from a stand alone tool.

So, you can't create openings in walls yet, but that's something that will be added soon (as well as the option to have the door open).

Let me know if you have any other questions

- Alejandro
Attachments
ClosedArea.jpg
ClosedArea.jpg (121.81 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software