Program closes when selecting PRINT

Report new issues and add information on existing ones.

Moderator: Kyete

nDervish

Re: Program closes when selecting PRINT

Post by nDervish » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 am

Finally got my new laptop delivered last week, installed the current Debian version and was able to run the Linux OWM build... and promptly ran into this bug.

Is there a known workaround, or do I just need to print from Windows until 1.0.2 comes out? Based on the earlier speculation in this thread, I tried switching the default printer, but it didn't seem to change anything - still segfaults as soon as I hit "print".

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am

nDervish wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 am
Finally got my new laptop delivered last week, installed the current Debian version and was able to run the Linux OWM build... and promptly ran into this bug.

Is there a known workaround, or do I just need to print from Windows until 1.0.2 comes out? Based on the earlier speculation in this thread, I tried switching the default printer, but it didn't seem to change anything - still segfaults as soon as I hit "print".
We were able to reproduce it, and it's one of the issues we are still working on for the next release. It's got me a bit confused.

If you don't want to print from Windows another option is to export the map to PDF and then print the PDF.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

nDervish

Post by nDervish » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:41 am

Ah, great, thanks! I was actually trying to print to PDF, then send that to the printer (so I have both paper and digital copies), but it never occurred to me that I might be able to export to PDF instead of going through a PDF print driver.