Feature "Move to"

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

Jones

Feature "Move to"

Post by Jones » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am

I don't know if this has already been requested but it would be nice to have a way to move a feature in a specific position like "before/after feature XXX"

Drag&drop and "move back/front" are nice but in a overland map with more than 6K features :D it gets a little hard sort them, especially when you decide to colligate them and the program puts them at the bottom of the list ;)

As always my greatest thanks for a wonderful software!

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Feature "Move to"

Post by Kyete » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:55 pm

That's a good idea. I'll add it to our list. It might not make it into next release, since the list for that one is getting pretty full, but it'll be in the one after that.

-Katie

MichaelvanK

Post by MichaelvanK » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:43 pm

I have another wriggle to add to this request - something that might be easier to implement.

I regularly try and keep related features near each other in the list but when they're added they always end up at the bottom (unless I have turned on auto-layer). What I would find very useful is the ability to grab an item in the layers window and, when I drag it to the top or bottom of the list, that the list scrolls in that direction.

I could then look out for the named features elsewhere in the list and stop, release the moved item and group them easily.
I'm a writer who builds worlds with words, but now I can build pictures too!

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm

I will definitely look into adding that passive scrolling, but for the time being you should be able to manually scroll with the mouse wheel while you're dragging a layers item.

Thank you for the feedback!
-Katie