What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 am

lauraoliva wrote:Other World Mapper has been a tremendous help in mapping and tracking locations for The Crystal Blades: Assassins. Chris and I hope to extend its use to creating the city maps when that feature becomes available for the rest of the series.

I'm looking forward to replicating all the hand drawn maps I have for Valshan before we dive into that world.
Very exciting that you are getting to use Other World Mapper to help you with your work! :D
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Vidgrip

Post by Vidgrip » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I will be making Overland world maps for my tabletop RPG campaigns. I started making one for Blue Rose, just to get practice. It's already good enough to use. The game came with a nice folding map but the scale is almost 100 miles to the inch so I am making a detailed map of one small area in which to adventure. So far I'm very happy with OWM.

Jimsocks

Post by Jimsocks » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I use it extensively in my OOTA campaign which has been running for a little over a year (!)

Tweaking the settings I have all but perfected the art of the sub-terrainian map in OWM- and I use it to generate battle maps all the time!

I haven't messed with the city maps yet, but I want to dive into it soon for some detailed mapping of Menzoberranzan!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am

Jimsocks wrote:I use it extensively in my OOTA campaign which has been running for a little over a year (!)

Tweaking the settings I have all but perfected the art of the sub-terrainian map in OWM- and I use it to generate battle maps all the time!

I haven't messed with the city maps yet, but I want to dive into it soon for some detailed mapping of Menzoberranzan!
Make sure you let us know any feedback from using the city tools. They are by far the tools we've gotten the least feedback for :)
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Holy Cow!

It has been a while since I've posted on the forums and the world looks a lot different on this side of things, but I still use OWM for campaign maps, but I have to admit I haven't updated in some time. 0.9.5 .. I guess I don't remember my download credentials either. SMH...

Shout out to the Three Mind's folks.. I will stop by your table at Playthrough 2019 to shake some hands.

-Casey
a.k.a. unklStewy
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 pm

unklStewy wrote:Holy Cow!

It has been a while since I've posted on the forums and the world looks a lot different on this side of things, but I still use OWM for campaign maps, but I have to admit I haven't updated in some time. 0.9.5 .. I guess I don't remember my download credentials either. SMH...

Shout out to the Three Mind's folks.. I will stop by your table at Playthrough 2019 to shake some hands.

-Casey
a.k.a. unklStewy
Welcome back!!

Forums have been missing your feedback :)

I'll have to compile a list of everything that was added to OWM from your feedback, but I remember at the very least the partition tool.

Looking forward to meeting you at the con!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

ricardochao

Post by ricardochao » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 pm

I want to use OWM for educational purposes (making historical maps: I am a teacher) and RPG. I'm new here, but I love OWM already!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:50 pm

ricardochao wrote:I want to use OWM for educational purposes (making historical maps: I am a teacher) and RPG. I'm new here, but I love OWM already!
Really looking forward to seeing some of your work!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Phantom77

Post by Phantom77 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 pm

Right now, I'm a newbie, and I'm playing around with a demo of OWM. I really love this program, so far. :)

The only thing holding me back, is learning how to create scaled down, regional or local maps from within a continent. I want to learn how to do that, and see how difficult or how easy it is to do, before I purchase the full version of software.

Should I purchase OWM, I will be using it to create maps for any science fiction novels and fantasy novels I will be writing.
Andrew

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:44 am

Phantom77 wrote:Right now, I'm a newbie, and I'm playing around with a demo of OWM. I really love this program, so far. :)

The only thing holding me back, is learning how to create scaled down, regional or local maps from within a continent. I want to learn how to do that, and see how difficult or how easy it is to do, before I purchase the full version of software.

Should I purchase OWM, I will be using it to create maps for any science fiction novels and fantasy novels I will be writing.
Looking forward to it! If you have any questions about doing that feel free to post on the forums, message us on FB or email us directly :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software