Group Ordering?

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

GrimPWG

Group Ordering?

Post by GrimPWG » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:54 pm

Okay, imagine I've made a forest full of trees or a mountain range full of mountains. I then group them and maybe I'll colligate them later.

Is there a way to automatically layer them in order so that the features closest to the bottom of the screen (i.e., the ones the user sees as "closer") are the front layers and the ones closest to the top are at the back?

If not, it might be a cool feature, so we don't have to manually place them in the right order or sort them after placing them.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Group Ordering?

Post by Kanchou » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:31 am

GrimPWG wrote:Okay, imagine I've made a forest full of trees or a mountain range full of mountains. I then group them and maybe I'll colligate them later.

Is there a way to automatically layer them in order so that the features closest to the bottom of the screen (i.e., the ones the user sees as "closer") are the front layers and the ones closest to the top are at the back?

If not, it might be a cool feature, so we don't have to manually place them in the right order or sort them after placing them.
There is!

* For doing so as you are placing them, you can change the Feature Tool's "Placement" option to "Auto Order"
* If you want to do this for an existing group of features, select them all, and then go to Edit-->Auto Order Features.

Let us know if that works for you! :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software