Applying Features in bulk

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

BertoSan

Applying Features in bulk

Post by BertoSan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Not sure if this is in the tutorials but I've looked and can't find it.

Is there a way to apply a feature in bulk? Example...building a forest...don't want to put a million individual trees down. Would love to just be able to put a bulk of trees down by tracing out where I want them. Is this possible? That way I can only have ONE "feature" per thing too...I've got "54 features named feature ___ (number)" want to condense that down for ease.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Applying Features in bulk

Post by Kanchou » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:23 pm

BertoSan wrote:Not sure if this is in the tutorials but I've looked and can't find it.

Is there a way to apply a feature in bulk? Example...building a forest...don't want to put a million individual trees down. Would love to just be able to put a bulk of trees down by tracing out where I want them. Is this possible? That way I can only have ONE "feature" per thing too...I've got "54 features named feature ___ (number)" want to condense that down for ease.
Hello!

You have two options

1. Create a feature in "Fill Path" mode (you can select this mode from the tool options at the top while the feature tool is selected). In that mode, you can define a path to be filled with the feature selected, then change options like spacing and fill type.
The only draw back with this is that you can only pick one feature type. We will in the future add the ability to select multiple features to be used for the fill (and additional options).

2. Select the individually placed features and then go to "Edit" --> "Colligate" this will merge them into a single layer (which can be "uncolligated" later as well).

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

BertoSan

Post by BertoSan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Thank you! So helpful!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 am