Couple of Quick Questions

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

acarl142

Couple of Quick Questions

Post by acarl142 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi all,

New to the mapping software, really enjoying it so far. As I have questions I can't figure out I might from time to time post them here. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

First question has me feeling real silly, but how do I end a road? Right now if I draw one from a castle to a castle, I have to click on something else in the tools box to have the road terminate. Is there an easier way to do that?

Second, how do I import layers from one map to another. So for example, I built a map with all the countries outlined via a partition. But I also have the same map with all the cities indicated. Is there a way to bring the country borders into that map without redoing it?

Thanks again, Andrew

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Couple of Quick Questions

Post by Kanchou » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:54 pm

acarl142 wrote: Hi all,

New to the mapping software, really enjoying it so far. As I have questions I can't figure out I might from time to time post them here. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying OWM so far! And please do ask as often as you need! :)
acarl142 wrote: First question has me feeling real silly, but how do I end a road? Right now if I draw one from a castle to a castle, I have to click on something else in the tools box to have the road terminate. Is there an easier way to do that?
Not silly! Probably means we need better tutorials or in program hints. You end open path items, including roads and rivers, by right clicking.
acarl142 wrote: Second, how do I import layers from one map to another. So for example, I built a map with all the countries outlined via a partition. But I also have the same map with all the cities indicated. Is there a way to bring the country borders into that map without redoing it?
You can create a new map from a selection, or you can simply select all items, copy them via the Edit menu and paste them to another map.

Let us know if that covers your questions or if you have any more!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software