Maps you've created

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Maps you've created

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:15 pm

SyntheticGM wrote:This map is still a work in progress and a result of experimenting with the tools. It's for a campaign I'm currently running.
orangebug wrote: :x New map for a campaign I might be running in the future.
Really happy to see such awesome looking maps being made with Other World Mapper!! :D

At some point we'll like to start posting user made maps in our FB and G+ accounts (we would ask for permission first!), and to have user submitted maps installed as samples with OWM. We'll post about that soon.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

soulclaw

Post by soulclaw » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Here is a quick map I did last night with OWM for my new campaign that launches this weekend, it's a unplanned stop on the sea voyage to the characters new home.

This is a map I did with campaign cartographer 1 (it was free with the AD&D Core Rules CD-ROM that came out last century).

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single command from a satellite activated mind control chip.

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Here is the current map I've been working on for my running Pathfinder Campaign. As you can tell, it's not finished, but my group hasn't gone too far East so I really haven't had the need to develop the lands over there. I was waiting to see what kind of themes they were wanting before I filled that region out.

Also, I do need to add numbers to the blasted scale >_<

Also, all the other maps on here look awesome. I am still learning how to make decent looking maps and I love the work I am seeing on the other maps :D

Also if you want to be able to zoom into the image, https://postimg.org/image/qir719knz/

Hoist

Post by Hoist » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:53 pm

First draft of a map i'm working on for a game

img and url tags are not working for me so here is the link if you want to look
http://bayimg.com/hALBMAAGa
Stop signatures, sign the petition now.
www.stopsignatures.com

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm

If anybody is interested, we started sharing maps created by our users on FB (and soon other social media). If you want to share your map with us post on our FB page or email us at info@threemindssoftware.com. It can be the map or a link to it, and we'll of course credit you :)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Sturn

Post by Sturn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm

My first drafts of maps for a home brew fantasy campaign:

Darguland: The "world" map. Don't judge it based on reality. It's a small continent created with elemental magic with each realm influencing the terrain and climate of the land (don't tell my players).

The Mongrel Kings: Zoomed in map of the central lands.

I made a few custom features such as the tents in the desert area and a smaller village.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Sturn wrote:My first drafts of maps for a home brew fantasy campaign:

Darguland: The "world" map. Don't judge it based on reality. It's a small continent created with elemental magic with each realm influencing the terrain and climate of the land (don't tell my players).

The Mongrel Kings: Zoomed in map of the central lands.

I made a few custom features such as the tents in the desert area and a smaller village.
Those are some awesome maps! :) Also really like the additional features you created.

Any chance we can share them on our FB page? We'll credit you of course.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Sturn

Post by Sturn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 am

The features are completely stolen edits of OWM's features, so I consider them your property not mine. :)

Some would need cleaned up to be on par quality-wise with released features (see the green rooftops that I had trouble filling in all the transparency holes). Some may also be strange-looking since they were altered with a certain architecture in mind (the sepia and green ones) for my personal campaign. And finally, I didn't make all edits in each color, just the ones I wanted (example: the barbaric huts I made in green only for a certain race in my fantasy world). But, feel free to do with them what you wish.

What exactly should I send (the PNG features?) and to where (the email a few posts above?). EDIT: Sent some stuff to the above email.

Langy

Post by Langy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Here's the map I've been working on for a while now for my RPG campaign. This is a small section of the map - a 300x300 mile portion of a 3000x2400 mile total map. This is at half scale - the full-scale version is 10 pixels per mile, while this image is 5 pixels per mile. It's taking quite a while to get it all done because I only work on it in fits and spurts and, well, it's not small.

Most of the symbols are from expansions to Campaign Cartographer 3 that I converted for use in OWM, and the landscape outline and general geography is shamelessly stolen from Skenth, the Known World by Viking on Cartographer's Guild.

Chance

Post by Chance » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:12 am

This is my first map, I'm building it as we play thought a homebrew campaign that I'm DMing. I still have a long way to go, but its making some serious progress. Made 100% in OWM, I love this software.

You can view the entire image, its 3750*2500

Any and all feedback is welcome!