Connection between Closed areas and Cave

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

Sniper

Connection between Closed areas and Cave

Post by Sniper » Mon May 16, 2016 2:31 am

Hello,

I am making map of dungeon in OWM. I want to have simple underground structure (created by Closed Area tool + Doors to visually join them) and then cave which is connected. But I have trouble to create connection itself. I see no other tool to be able to get in layer above walls of Closed Area tool to make some Rubble as cover for joining.

What are your ways to join dungeon and caves? What tools in OWM are designed for that?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Connection between Closed areas and Cave

Post by Kanchou » Mon May 16, 2016 10:54 am

Sniper wrote:Hello,

I am making map of dungeon in OWM. I want to have simple underground structure (created by Closed Area tool + Doors to visually join them) and then cave which is connected. But I have trouble to create connection itself. I see no other tool to be able to get in layer above walls of Closed Area tool to make some Rubble as cover for joining.

What are your ways to join dungeon and caves? What tools in OWM are designed for that?
Hello!

The options for joining caves and dungeons (closed areas or corridors) aren't to working well enough to be included with the beta release yet but it's part of the plan for V1.0 (probably won't be included with the next update, but likely with the one after).

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software