Question: Deleting/Editing Segments?

General discussion on mapping.

Moderator: Kyete

pumpkinbeanz@gmail.com

Question: Deleting/Editing Segments?

Post by pumpkinbeanz@gmail.com » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:55 am

Hi guys,

Loving OWM so far, but I have run into a problem. I've been plotting out a complex network of roads, with main roads set to one pixel density and offshoot dirt trails set to a smaller density.

I screwed up a few segments somehow, and gave several stretches the wrong pixel density.

I've tried selecting those segments of road with the Edit Segments Tool, and they highlight correctly... but I can't adjust their size at all (size is grayed out) and when I Delete them it deletes the entire road network they are connected to!

Not sure if this is a bug in the Edit Segments Tool or if it's a simple case of user error. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Question: Deleting/Editing Segments?

Post by Kanchou » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:58 am

pumpkinbeanz@gmail.com wrote:Hi guys,

Loving OWM so far, but I have run into a problem. I've been plotting out a complex network of roads, with main roads set to one pixel density and offshoot dirt trails set to a smaller density.

I screwed up a few segments somehow, and gave several stretches the wrong pixel density.

I've tried selecting those segments of road with the Edit Segments Tool, and they highlight correctly... but I can't adjust their size at all (size is grayed out) and when I Delete them it deletes the entire road network they are connected to!

Not sure if this is a bug in the Edit Segments Tool or if it's a simple case of user error. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hello!

Very happy to hear you are loving OWM so far!!

The segment editing tool is mostly for fractal editing (removing/adding fractal to segment).

To edit the size of a segment/branch or to delete just one segment for an "open path" item, you can use the select tool (the transform tool won't do it) and first select the item, then click again on the specific segment. You'll notice the segment will get highlighted and that if you right click and select delete (or press delete) it is only that segment that gets deleted. Also, at that point the "size" property for the item will be enabled and will let you edit the size/width.

It's pretty convoluted, which is why in Beta 4 we are making that a little bit easier/more intuitive and the both select and transform tool will let you edit branches.

Just let us know if you can't get it to do it and we'll post some pictures that should help.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

pumpkinbeanz@gmail.com

Re: Question: Deleting/Editing Segments?

Post by pumpkinbeanz@gmail.com » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:24 pm

That's exactly what I needed,thanks!