New Release on the Horizon + Current work

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

New Release on the Horizon + Current work

Post by Kanchou » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello Everyone!

We are due having another blog entry, but meanwhile I wanted to let everyone know what we are working on.

So far we've been fixing a lot of minor issues that were reported and some that we found internally from V0.8.6. Our objective for the next release is to clean up Other World Mapper as much as possible of small bugs and annoying glitches, and finishing functionality that was almost there. Generally trying to get rid of the "It's in beta feeling."

We also found and fixed a major bug that I think was causing the crashes some of you have reported when using the program for "extended" time periods. The bug was in the undo/redo engine, which I think it makes sense why our internal testing wasn't catching it when trying to just use the program for extended times adding items, changing them, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention. A bit more artwork and new presets will also be part of the upcoming release.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Cronus3166

Re: New Release on the Horizon + Current work

Post by Cronus3166 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:56 am

Woot woot!!

I'm also happy you guys found that major bug. That guy was annoying and made me sad :(

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 am

Any more update when 7 might come out?

That major bug has been keeping me from working on things for a while. It just makes me so frustrated when the entire program just cascades and crashes.

Keep up the great work!! :D

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Cronus3166 wrote:Any more update when 7 might come out?

That major bug has been keeping me from working on things for a while. It just makes me so frustrated when the entire program just cascades and crashes.

Keep up the great work!! :D
Hello!

Sorry for the late reply!

The good news is that the testing for this release is 4 to 5 times more comprehensive (since this will be a release candidate). The good and bad news is that we're finding a lot of minor issues and some medium issues that we are fixing (and then having to rerun sections of the test during regression).

So the release date is still "soon." At this point we don't want to make the release until we address the majority of the issues we are finding.

That should also make it so that the testing for the final release will go a lot smoother having already addressed most of the issues.

Thank you for your patience!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Cronus3166

Post by Cronus3166 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Ah yeah. I get that.

Honestly just happy to hear back from anyone about the program. Was getting lonely out here :(

Keep up the great fight. You'll squash those bugs!