Scaling of imported SVG Artwork

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Balmung

Scaling of imported SVG Artwork

Post by Balmung » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:29 am

I imported a SVG file into the artwork manager. It's size is around 100px * 100px but since it's a svg that doesn't really matter :)

The problem now is, that I can enlarge it only up to eight times; around 800px * 800px.

I just needed to import a bigger source file to fix this. But it would be nice if OWM let me resize SVG artwork infinitely.
System information:
  • Windows 10 Professional x64
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce 3070 FE

nDervish

Re: Scaling of imported SVG Artwork

Post by nDervish » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 am

Although I haven't worked with SVG features, I've noticed a couple other places in OWM where there's a box that allows you to type in a value, plus an attached slider, and OWM hard-clamps the allowed direct-input values to the slider's range. It would be nice if, as a general thing, it would allow you to input any value you want, regardless of the limits on how high/low the slider goes, particularly since the slider ranges often seem to be fairly arbitrary rather than having a technical reason why values outside of that range can't be allowed.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Scaling of imported SVG Artwork

Post by Kanchou » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:14 pm

nDervish wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 am
Although I haven't worked with SVG features, I've noticed a couple other places in OWM where there's a box that allows you to type in a value, plus an attached slider, and OWM hard-clamps the allowed direct-input values to the slider's range. It would be nice if, as a general thing, it would allow you to input any value you want, regardless of the limits on how high/low the slider goes, particularly since the slider ranges often seem to be fairly arbitrary rather than having a technical reason why values outside of that range can't be allowed.
This is a good point. We have to have a max so that it doesn't break/hang OWM, but we can make the type in max values much greater.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software