Horizontal Scrolling of Canvas with Mouse Wheel

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

efremj

Horizontal Scrolling of Canvas with Mouse Wheel

Post by efremj » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi there!

Right now it's possible to scroll the canvas up and down with the mouse wheel but I think it would be really cool if you could add just a wee bit more functionality by making it possible to scroll horizontally as well--say by clicking the Ctrl key while scrolling with the mouse wheel. That could keep you from having to switch to the hand icon or having to use the scroll bars.

It's just a small thing but it's a real time saver (they have this in Photoshop and it rocks).

Thanks for listening!

-Efrem

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal Scrolling of Canvas with Mouse Wheel

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:55 pm

efremj wrote:Hi there!

Right now it's possible to scroll the canvas up and down with the mouse wheel but I think it would be really cool if you could add just a wee bit more functionality by making it possible to scroll horizontally as well--say by clicking the Ctrl key while scrolling with the mouse wheel. That could keep you from having to switch to the hand icon or having to use the scroll bars.

It's just a small thing but it's a real time saver (they have this in Photoshop and it rocks).

Thanks for listening!

-Efrem
And thank you for the feedback! :)

Ctrl+scroll is tied up with zooming in and out (which I think it's pretty useful too)....what about SHIFT+scroll? I think that's an OS X shortcut anyhow, so that would be sort of standard.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

efremj

Post by efremj » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Yeah--I love Ctrl + Scroll to zoom in and out so I wouldn't want to mess with that.

Whatever you could fit in that doesn't interfere with a preexisting hot key or command. I'm not picky! I'm a PC user so Shift + Scroll doesn't do anything on my machine. Maybe S + Scroll (S for Sideways!).

-Efrem

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:20 pm

efremj wrote:Yeah--I love Ctrl + Scroll to zoom in and out so I wouldn't want to mess with that.

Whatever you could fit in that doesn't interfere with a preexisting hot key or command. I'm not picky! I'm a PC user so Shift + Scroll doesn't do anything on my machine. Maybe S + Scroll (S for Sideways!).

-Efrem
Just remembered Shift + Scroll is for regenerating fractal segments while drawing fractal based items, so that one is out too.

I'll do some testing to see which key works best. In any case, it will be added :)

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

efremj

Post by efremj » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Excellent! You guys rock!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 am

efremj wrote:Excellent! You guys rock!
Thanks! It only makes sense to listen to good ideas :).

Other World Mapper is a work in progress and we'll like to continue adding functionality and making improvements even after the first release.

So please keep the suggestions coming!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software