Vintyri Add-Ons: Linux/Mac Versions released

Talk about map artwork, share links to artwork (including symbols you made). Please DO NOT link to downloads or sites that are breaking someone's copyrights.

Moderator: Kyete

Mark Oliva

Vintyri Add-Ons: Linux/Mac Versions released

Post by Mark Oliva » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:26 am

ZIP files now are available to install our add-ons in Linux and Mac installations of OWM.

I assume that the location of Linux and Mac systems is about the same as for Windows, that is:

Drive>>(Program Directory)>>Three Minds Software>>Other World Mapper>>

If that's incorrect, I hope someone will post the correct information here.

To install, simply unzip each of the following files into the Other World Mapper folder.

These are the download addresses:

https://www.vintyri.org/downloads/VCC_OWM_Linux_Mac.zip 450 MB

https://www.vintyri.org/downloads/Bogie ... ux_Mac.zip 266 MB

https://www.vintyri.org/downloads/CSUAC ... ux_Mac.zip 697 MB

https://www.vintyri.org/downloads/DA1_OWM_Linux_Mac.zip 49 MB

As I posted elsewhere, the Dundjinni Archives Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 are not yet available in Windows or Linux/Mac versions. If and until Three Minds Software figures out how to make some of the PNG files readable by OWM, there's no point in doing any other work there. Strange problem!

Fractal Mapper 8, Dundjinni, CC3+, The GIMP and even the Windows Explorer and Windows Paint can work with these PNG files without difficulty, but OWM throws up error messages.

Servus,
Mark Oliva
The Vintyri™ Project
https://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Mark Oliva

Re: Vintyri Add-Ons: Linux/Mac Versions released

Post by Mark Oliva » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 am

I hit Submit too quickly. I forgot to mention that the ZIPS also include the guides and, where applicable, the sample maps. You'll need to haul them out of the Other World Mapper folder and move them where you want them (or leave them there, if you wish). The guides have the Windows installation instructions, which you can ignore, but also illustrated tutorial information as well.

Servus,
Mark Oliva
The Vintyri™ Project
https://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

robmiracle

Post by robmiracle » Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 pm

On a Mac, where do you actually install these? The app is installed in Applications and opening the, app I don't see similar folders. The instructions say to install to: Three Minds Software>>Other World Mapper>

But there is no such folder after installing it on a Mac.

Thanks
Rob

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon May 25, 2020 4:51 pm

robmiracle wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 pm
On a Mac, where do you actually install these? The app is installed in Applications and opening the, app I don't see similar folders. The instructions say to install to: Three Minds Software>>Other World Mapper>

But there is no such folder after installing it on a Mac.

Thanks
Rob
For OSX the resources get installed under "Library\Application Support\Other World Mapper" to comply with Apple's recommended practices. You should be able to copy new artwork to the Feature and Texture folders. The help document has some extra info, but just let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

robmiracle

Post by robmiracle » Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Thank you!

I figured it was under ~/Library/Application Support, but there were no existing feature or texture folders, so I wasn't sure of the structure.

Rob

robmiracle

Post by robmiracle » Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm

So I copied all the files into the folder, but OWM isn't seeing them. The Artwork Manager doesn't seem to want to import folders, and I don't think it's intended that I load every image one by one. I seem to not be understanding Artwork Manager.

Rob

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed May 27, 2020 10:43 am

robmiracle wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
So I copied all the files into the folder, but OWM isn't seeing them. The Artwork Manager doesn't seem to want to import folders, and I don't think it's intended that I load every image one by one. I seem to not be understanding Artwork Manager.

Rob
That's odd. What version of Other World Mapper are you running? And what is your macOS?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

robmiracle

Post by robmiracle » Wed May 27, 2020 5:09 pm

macOS Catalina 10.15.4
OWM Versions 1.0.2-OSX

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm

robmiracle wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:09 pm
macOS Catalina 10.15.4
OWM Versions 1.0.2-OSX
Does Other World Mapper show textures and features when you are in the program (the default artwork)? Because the package installer puts all the resources under \Library\Application Support\Other World Mapper (\Features and \Textures).

Were you saying the "Other World Mapper" folder wasn't there at all? Or it was there and empty?

I did some extra testing over here with Catalina and the package installer seems to put things where it should, so I'm trying to figure out what's different for you.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

robmiracle

Post by robmiracle » Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 pm

~/Library/Application Support/Other World Mapper existed. It contained two folders: Autosave and FeatureList. FeatureList is empty. Autosave has one file in it, I suspect because I have the app open.

/Library/Application Support/Other World Mapper exists and seems to have a lot of content in it. This seems to be where Art Manager is putting things. But this isn't the typical place a user would install things.

I'm in business now!

Thanks
Rob