Black-and-White/Remove color?

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

3l3phant

Black-and-White/Remove color?

Post by 3l3phant » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Something tells me this is either (a) already an option and I'm not seeing it or (b) already something someone has requested and I'm missing it on the feature request. Frankly, it's probably both :)

I was wondering if it might be possible to have the ability to remove color from a resource. For example, I really like the compasses, but they're all colored. It would be great it there was a way to click to remove the color so they're either black-and-white and/or not "filled in" (i.e. they're just an outline).

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Black-and-White/Remove color?

Post by Kanchou » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 pm

3l3phant wrote:Something tells me this is either (a) already an option and I'm not seeing it or (b) already something someone has requested and I'm missing it on the feature request. Frankly, it's probably both :)

I was wondering if it might be possible to have the ability to remove color from a resource. For example, I really like the compasses, but they're all colored. It would be great it there was a way to click to remove the color so they're either black-and-white and/or not "filled in" (i.e. they're just an outline).
That's a good suggestion! There is currently a "colorize" option for features withing the properties which is very simple (just additive blend), but next release is adding multiple blend modes and alpha for the colorization which will give it a lot more flexibility.

However, that likely won't quite do what you need. We'll add a request to have a way to de-saturate features as part of the colorization.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software