Some color features

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

Niidhogg

Some color features

Post by Niidhogg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Hey,

First: It might be interresting to have a transparency or alpha canal choise for iner/outer stroke colors. That way it would be possible to blend some structures, exemple following.

Here i used white color because it's what's suits the best with the textures, but with transparency it would totally blend. Bottom left is without inner/outer strokes.

Second: When you use textures you can add a color hover it, but you can never make it darker, because black means "as it is". Maybe adding some texture modification tool, like contrast/luminosity might be interresting.

Third: Having the possibility to make a degrade hover an element either with a color, alpha canal or another texture might sound interresting too. Here an exemple with a degrade from alpha to black made with gimp.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Some color features

Post by Kanchou » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:06 am

Finally getting to look over your feedback. Sorry it took so long!
Niidhogg wrote:First: It might be interresting to have a transparency or alpha canal choise for iner/outer stroke colors. That way it would be possible to blend some structures, exemple following.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can already do this. All the iner/outer stroke properties have an opacity slider.
Niidhogg wrote: Second: When you use textures you can add a color hover it, but you can never make it darker, because black means "as it is". Maybe adding some texture modification tool, like contrast/luminosity might be interresting.

Third: Having the possibility to make a degrade hover an element either with a color, alpha canal or another texture might sound interresting too. Here an exemple with a degrade from alpha to black made with gimp.
Good point on both. It was actually something suggested before (as well as blend types). This is all supported by the engine we created for OWM, but didn't get added as properties to avoid making the UI too complex. We are looking into having an advanced mode where more complex options are accessible.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Niidhogg wrote:
First: It might be interresting to have a transparency or alpha canal choise for iner/outer stroke colors. That way it would be possible to blend some structures, exemple following.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can already do this. All the iner/outer stroke properties have an opacity slider.
Yes, but this is the opacity of the color you put over the texture, not the opacity of the texture's border. I think i poorly spoke myself out.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:42 am

Niidhogg wrote: Yes, but this is the opacity of the color you put over the texture, not the opacity of the texture's border. I think i poorly spoke myself out.
No problem! I want to make sure I'm following since texture options is something we want to enhance soon.

Do you mean inner/outer stroke like for the caves and rooms? Or the soft edge of items like regions used to blend with other layers?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am

Do you mean inner/outer stroke like for the caves and rooms?
Yes