Push Pins

Request changes or additions in functionality.

Moderator: Kyete

mark

Push Pins

Post by mark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:49 am

"Push Pins" was a feature I absolutely loved on AutoRealm. Right click & select a coloured push pin...always so handy! Would this be possible in OWM?

AutoRealm Wiki wrote:To place a pushpin, right-click on a point on the map, and go to Place Push Pin. Now, when your mouse is on the Realm, a measurement is given from the Push Pin to the Mouse cursor. To get this measurement, look for the Push Pins toolbar, which has all the pushpins in. There are degrees too.
Pushpins.png
Pushpins.png (37.94 KiB) Viewed 7676 times
[/size]

It would also be nice to see the length & angle of a line as it is being drawn or transformed, this would make life a lot easier. :)
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Stef
Site Admin

Re: Push Pins

Post by Stef » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Thank you for the feature requests! I can see a feature like the push pins being useful. We'll definitely look further into adding that or something very similar.
And showing the length and angle of a line being drawn should be pretty simple to add as a feature that can be toggled on and off. We'll add that soon!
-Stephanie
Stephanie Canosa
Three Minds Software

mark

Post by mark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm delighted! :mrgreen:

mark

Post by mark » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Stef wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Thank you for the feature requests! I can see a feature like the push pins being useful. We'll definitely look further into adding that or something very similar.
And showing the length and angle of a line being drawn should be pretty simple to add as a feature that can be toggled on and off. We'll add that soon!
-Stephanie
Patiently waiting over two and a half years because I appreciate there has been a development cycle you had to follow, and I understand you are a very small team. However, "push pins" is the feature I still yearn for every time I use your otherwise excellent software. :)

I am curious if the above is still on course to be added (soon?) in a future update or has now been shelved. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:10 am

mark wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:10 pm
Stef wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm
-Stephanie
Patiently waiting over two and a half years because I appreciate there has been a development cycle you had to follow, and I understand you are a very small team. However, "push pins" is the feature I still yearn for every time I use your otherwise excellent software. :)

I am curious if the above is still on course to be added (soon?) in a future update or has now been shelved. Look forward to hearing from you guys!
It's still part our list, things have just slowed down a bit this year (didn't quite go the way we planned!!

I'll try moving it to the release after next.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

mark

Post by mark » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:02 am

Great thanks! I'm very excitedly looking forward to this feature! :mrgreen: