Text Disappearing between Saves

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Miira

Text Disappearing between Saves

Post by Miira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:02 pm

I've been working on the same map for the past few updates of the Mapper, and I used to have no issues. Since the last two updates, however, some of the text that I've been using on the map disappears. It still shows that there is a text layer in the Labels tab, but its blank. The problem seems to happen when I use the letters Ĝ and ĝ, as labels featuring them are seemingly the only bit of text to disappear. I've been having similar issues when using the letter ū, but this has only happened with one label while the problem with Ĝ and ĝ is more widespread. While I have the Mapper open, the text has no problem showing the Ĝ and ĝ, but when I save the map, close the program, and open it again, the text is gone. I have some other non-typical letters on the map, such as Š and š, but labels featuring them are always visible.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Text Disappearing between Saves

Post by Kanchou » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Miira wrote:I've been working on the same map for the past few updates of the Mapper, and I used to have no issues. Since the last two updates, however, some of the text that I've been using on the map disappears. It still shows that there is a text layer in the Labels tab, but its blank. The problem seems to happen when I use the letters Ĝ and ĝ, as labels featuring them are seemingly the only bit of text to disappear. I've been having similar issues when using the letter ū, but this has only happened with one label while the problem with Ĝ and ĝ is more widespread. While I have the Mapper open, the text has no problem showing the Ĝ and ĝ, but when I save the map, close the program, and open it again, the text is gone. I have some other non-typical letters on the map, such as Š and š, but labels featuring them are always visible.
Are you running the OSX or the Windows version?

We'll look into it right away.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Miira

Post by Miira » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Windows.

IronConrad

Post by IronConrad » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:56 am

I'm getting a similar issue with version 0.9.6.

Text moves from the Land Mass Tree to a Labels Tree. As I'm working with Text, the system will occasionally crash.

I only have 3 labels and it's causing this issue.

I have saved the file and brought it back up and the labels have moved on the tree (some not all). The text does not move on the map.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. (I can send you the file if needed to review.)

I was using a large font but it didn't seem to be the issue (100pt).

I believe I was using just Point Labels (no curve).

IronConrad

Post by IronConrad » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:36 am

Well ... the text is not consistently appearing where is should on the object outline ... but ... I think I found why it's disappearing (or at least how to show it.)

When you left mouse click on the object tree, it hides / shows the objects. So ... a few clicks and we're back.

Still experimenting ... so far so good.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Miira wrote:
Windows.
Fixed the issue and will be corrected with the release coming out in a few weeks. Thank you!

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 pm

IronConrad wrote:Well ... the text is not consistently appearing where is should on the object outline ... but ... I think I found why it's disappearing (or at least how to show it.)

When you left mouse click on the object tree, it hides / shows the objects. So ... a few clicks and we're back.

Still experimenting ... so far so good.
Let me know if you are still having issue with this. You mentioned a crash but I didn't fully follow how you made it happen, so if it's something that's happening consistently please let us know so we can fix.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

IronConrad

Post by IronConrad » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 pm

It threw a debug message and then it rebooted. Nothing lost. There wasn't really a stacktrace ... looks like something you captured in the code.

I was cutting and pasting labels from one location to another.

I'll screen grab the message next time ("if" there is a next one).

It might have been duplicate label names? or a blank label.