Some bugs in 0.95

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Niidhogg

Some bugs in 0.95

Post by Niidhogg » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Hey,

I got some bugs in the latest version. First one is an error popup at start of the software. Then they are some textures and icons that you can't really see in the dark mode. And currently the most anoying, I can't show my hidden caves anymore :(

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Some bugs in 0.95

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Niidhogg wrote:Hey,

I got some bugs in the latest version. First one is an error popup at start of the software. Then they are some textures and icons that you can't really see in the dark mode. And currently the most anoying, I can't show my hidden caves anymore :(
Sorry for the bugs :(. We've had a few minor confirmed ones so we'll be making a new release before the end of the month to address them.

On the problems you came across, I'm not able to reproduce them. Can you tell me a bit more about it:

1. What OS are you running.
2. 32 or 64 bits?
3. Do you have any custom art work? If so, does it happen without it? (Let me know if you need help with this. You'd have to manually move the folders out of OWM's folder to test it, then back into it).
4. Does it look like any other icons are missing (aside from the show/hide layers)?

The texture issue because of the background I can confirm. We'll fix that with V0.9.6

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Also, what icons are difficult to see it dark mode?

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:47 am

Hey,

Well i tought the eyes icons for showing/hidding where difficult to see, turns out they aren't even showing ^^ Didn't found any other icons now, telling you if, tho.

Windows 10 Pro 1803(17134.471), 64bits

Tried to rerun the setup to repair, but didn't work. I don't have custom works, the only thing i have are some backgrounds, but removing them ain't changing anything.

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 am

Also I got all the addons, if that may change something. Installed before the updates.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am

Hello!

Could you email us a screenshot of the program open with just a blank map? I'd like to take a look at the full problem to see where the icons/etc should be and aren't.

Definitely haven't come across anything like that, so looking into what's different in your system compared to our test systems.

Our of curiosity, is it a tablet or very high resolution monitor/laptop?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 pm

I think we found the issue, but it would be if like in my previous comment you have a high or "odd" resolution device. Let me know if that's the case.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Could you email us a screenshot of the program open with just a blank map? I'd like to take a look at the full problem to see where the icons/etc should be and aren't.
I think i didn't explain myself correctly, the "eyes" icons to hide or show the différent pictures are the only one missing, for what i can see. Sorry my english is kind of broken. Do you still need a screenshot ?

About the high resolution: Yes, I have a UHD 4k 16/9 screen.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Niidhogg wrote:
I think i didn't explain myself correctly, the "eyes" icons to hide or show the différent pictures are the only one missing, for what i can see. Sorry my english is kind of broken. Do you still need a screenshot ?

About the high resolution: Yes, I have a UHD 4k 16/9 screen.
Don't apologize, thank you for your patience and help!! I just wasn't reading your comment closely enough (and English is my second language :D).

And the UHD monitor makes perfect sense. Code wasn't accounting for that when loading the eye/no eye icon. Will be fixed with tonight's V0.9.6 release :)

I don't need the screenshot, but since you have a higher resolution monitor, did you encounter anything not showing quite right? Part of the switch to a different UI library was support for better scaling of the UI for high resolution devices.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Niidhogg

Post by Niidhogg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:46 pm

(and English is my second language :D)
Third for me :D
-French
-German also Elsassian wich is a german dialect
-English

Well i didn't work on my maps a lot those last days but I haven't seen any other icons not showing right now.
The only thing I saw is the "line style" is black on black in the light mode.