Other World Mapper Issue

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

GhostPower

Other World Mapper Issue

Post by GhostPower » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

Hello! So I wasen't able to post this in the bug form but felt I needed to report these as they come up rather often. So the first bug I've encountered and is a massive headache rather often, is when I'm making hallways splitting them off into seperate branches, often at times when I go to place it is may just not place, and it'll never show up. And at times when I continue to try and place it the program will then freeze and crash. Or at times without the dissapearing hallway, I'll go to set the hallway (Or at times, it can be decoration items and can generally just happen when placing anything), it'll freeze and crash. Sometimes it'll offer to recover and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if I'd be able to send a OWM file for this since it can happen with any file.

Another bug is with stairs, I did read over the known bugs but I wasen't sure if this would count with the "stairs not being properly drawn", but what has happened, and this can as well happen in any file, but when placing stairs they can be randomly cut off and won'y go past a certain line or point of the map which can appear randomly. I've noticed it more often will be about half way in the deafult map size. which can at times force me to make small maps. Again this may not be posted in the right fourm but it dosen't give me permission to post in the bug fourm.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Other World Mapper Issue

Post by Kanchou » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 pm

You should have permissions now :). When you registered we couldn't match your email with a purchase and considering the high number of spam registration attempts we only gave you limited permissions.

I'm moving the topic and we'll be looking at the issues you reported shortly. Thank you!!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Questions from the team. Thank you again for the feedback!!
GhostPower wrote:Hello! So I wasen't able to post this in the bug form but felt I needed to report these as they come up rather often. So the first bug I've encountered and is a massive headache rather often, is when I'm making hallways splitting them off into seperate branches, often at times when I go to place it is may just not place, and it'll never show up. And at times when I continue to try and place it the program will then freeze and crash. Or at times without the dissapearing hallway, I'll go to set the hallway (Or at times, it can be decoration items and can generally just happen when placing anything), it'll freeze and crash. Sometimes it'll offer to recover and sometimes it won't. I'm not sure if I'd be able to send a OWM file for this since it can happen with any file.
Is this while using the partition tool? Or just when adding branches to the corridors?
GhostPower wrote: Another bug is with stairs, I did read over the known bugs but I wasen't sure if this would count with the "stairs not being properly drawn", but what has happened, and this can as well happen in any file, but when placing stairs they can be randomly cut off and won'y go past a certain line or point of the map which can appear randomly. I've noticed it more often will be about half way in the deafult map size. which can at times force me to make small maps. Again this may not be posted in the right fourm but it dosen't give me permission to post in the bug fourm.
Does it get cutoff while drawing? Or when it's already placed? Or when you are exporting?
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

GhostPower

Post by GhostPower » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Thank you for giving me the permissions! I'll be sure the post in the correct areas now. As for the hallways, it's only when making new branches. I rarely use the parition tools, (and I've never used it for the hallways since I don't really know what it's for). And as for the stairs it is cut off after it's placed or during. I'll place the stairs and it'll act as a Featured Item would when it's tied to a Room, (How an item is visible, but if it's tied to a room it'll scoot off screen) but the stairs wouldn't be tied to anything. I've managed to get an image for the stairs if desired as I tried to attach it to this post but I was given an error. I've never really had any issues when exporting

Kyete
Site Moderator

Post by Kyete » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Hey,

Both issues should be fixed in the version we're about to release.

-Katie