CTD After Recovering

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

VTitus

CTD After Recovering

Post by VTitus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:43 pm

When attempting to split a river the program remained frozen for several minutes until I force closed it. OWM offered to recover my map when I opened the program again which I did. When attempting to split the river again it instead created a diagonal perfectly straight section of river before crashing, and now whenever I attempt to open that map it simply crashes to desktop while loading closing out the entire program.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do? Or is the save simply corrupt and that's it?

Also the map was quite large however my memory at no point was used beyond 45% even during the errors and crashes so I'm not sure if it's a memory problem.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: CTD After Recovering

Post by Kanchou » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:41 pm

VTitus wrote:When attempting to split a river the program remained frozen for several minutes until I force closed it. OWM offered to recover my map when I opened the program again which I did. When attempting to split the river again it instead created a diagonal perfectly straight section of river before crashing, and now whenever I attempt to open that map it simply crashes to desktop while loading closing out the entire program.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do? Or is the save simply corrupt and that's it?

Also the map was quite large however my memory at no point was used beyond 45% even during the errors and crashes so I'm not sure if it's a memory problem.
Can you email us the map at info@threemindssoftware.com?

If it's corrupt we should be able to fix the file and email it back to you (and obviously use it for reference to fix the issue for the next release).

Also, did you save the file after splitting the river? Or is it unrelated to that?

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

VTitus

Post by VTitus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Hey thanks for the reply, I just emailed the map over.

I'm surprised as well as impressed that your company is willing to check into this and actually try and see what the problem is. Thanks in advance for anything that can be done and let me know if there is any more information that may help.

Also as far as I recall i never managed to save the map after splitting the river in question.
The program automatically recovered it after the first crash, and I opted to load that instead of the last clean save I had. It did open but when I tried one last time to split it, instead it just placed a diagonal straight portion of river in an unrelated direction and crashed, and now it crashes before it can load again.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 pm

VTitus wrote:Hey thanks for the reply, I just emailed the map over.

I'm surprised as well as impressed that your company is willing to check into this and actually try and see what the problem is. Thanks in advance for anything that can be done and let me know if there is any more information that may help.

Also as far as I recall i never managed to save the map after splitting the river in question.
The program automatically recovered it after the first crash, and I opted to load that instead of the last clean save I had. It did open but when I tried one last time to split it, instead it just placed a diagonal straight portion of river in an unrelated direction and crashed, and now it crashes before it can load again.
You are welcome! We're a small indie team and we care about our users :).

I sent you an email back with a fixed version. As I said in the email, it was a bug you came across and as such definitely on us to make it right.

The partition bug is not easy to reproduce so hopefully it won't happen again, but if you have any other issues with that map or others please let us know.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

VTitus

Post by VTitus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Wow, thanks!

I didn't expect to hear anything until Wednesday or Thursday or even later.

You guys really know your software inside and out. I couldn't be more pleased with your services.