Auto label and river deltas

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Hoist

Auto label and river deltas

Post by Hoist » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

So i made a river and wanted to add a delta to it, tried checking the delta option but nothing happens when i use that so i just added some tapering rivers at the end creating a nice looking delta. The problem is that when i turn on autolabels now every delta arm will display the river name.
Super ugly to say the least :?

Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot
bayimg.com/KAlalaAgaa

Also the text color for auto labels seems to not be working, its always brownish no matter what i set it to, as can be seen in the screenshot.
Stop signatures, sign the petition now.
www.stopsignatures.com

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Auto label and river deltas

Post by Kanchou » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Thank you for the feedback!!
So i made a river and wanted to add a delta to it, tried checking the delta option but nothing happens when i use that so i just added some tapering rivers at the end creating a nice looking delta.
Delta should be working properly. When delta is enabled, hovering on the edge of the landmass should give you a hint for finishing the river and also a preview of a delta. From the toolbar you can choose the number of branches, and the same "fractal regeneration" shortcuts apply to cycle through fractal shapes.
The problem is that when i turn on autolabels now every delta arm will display the river name.
Super ugly to say the least :? Am I doing something wrong?
No, you aren't doing anything wrong. Autolabels was done as something to quickly give labels...but it needs to have more options/the ability to modify behavior. It's something we'll be exploring with the next releases.
For now, you can use the Label tool in "path mode" and follow the river to create a label that follows the river.
Also the text color for auto labels seems to not be working, its always brownish no matter what i set it to, as can be seen in the screenshot.
The way the window is done for the Auto Label options is a little confusing. You need to click on Rivers and then select the font options/colors (and the same for each item type). I think that's the problem.
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software