Printing maps only produces partial print

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

smithy

Printing maps only produces partial print

Post by smithy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:13 am

Hi,
I am trying to print a map and when i put the print settings to what i want it is not working.
I have a map that is 575 pixels x 700 pixels (not sure how i got this size?) and when i go to print it looks on screen very small and in top left corner of an A4 sheet. If i change the settings to "Scale to Fit" it increases the size to fit into A4 sheet and shows me exactly what i want to print. However, when i then print the map it only gives me a small piece of the original map from top left corner, which i suspect is the original 575x700 pixels on the now expanded map.
Why does the print preview show me something and then it doesn't print it as shown?

Cheers,
Smithy

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Printing maps only produces partial print

Post by Kanchou » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:43 pm

smithy wrote:Hi,
I am trying to print a map and when i put the print settings to what i want it is not working.
I have a map that is 575 pixels x 700 pixels (not sure how i got this size?) and when i go to print it looks on screen very small and in top left corner of an A4 sheet. If i change the settings to "Scale to Fit" it increases the size to fit into A4 sheet and shows me exactly what i want to print. However, when i then print the map it only gives me a small piece of the original map from top left corner, which i suspect is the original 575x700 pixels on the now expanded map.
Why does the print preview show me something and then it doesn't print it as shown?

Cheers,
Smithy
We'll looking into it, hopefully it's something we can fix with this release.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Printing maps only produces partial print

Post by Kanchou » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm

By the way, for now you can export your map as "pdf" then print the pdf from a pdf reader. This will let you print the map properly with the current release.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software