Crashes when Saving Preset Texture

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

Gossamer

Crashes when Saving Preset Texture

Post by Gossamer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm

When I save a new Preset Style, the program crashes. The style does appear to successfully save, however, and is an option when I open up the program again.

Also, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I can't seem to create new threads in any other forum.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Crashes when Saving Preset Texture

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Gossamer wrote:When I save a new Preset Style, the program crashes. The style does appear to successfully save, however, and is an option when I open up the program again.

Also, I'm sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I can't seem to create new threads in any other forum.
1. I'll move the issue to bug reports.

2. I missed adding you to the main user group after I activated your account. You should be able to post everywhere now.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Gossamer wrote:When I save a new Preset Style, the program crashes. The style does appear to successfully save, however, and is an option when I open up the program again.
Which tool did you have selected/were you trying to save a preset off?

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Gossamer

Post by Gossamer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Thank you! I was using the region tool.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Gossamer wrote:Thank you! I was using the region tool.
I can't seem to reproduce it with V0.9.2. I have a few questions for you :)

1. What folder/category are you trying to save it to? A new one you created, the default one "My Theme" or one of the base ones provided with OWM?

2. Also, you were saying it does save successfully, so when you open OWM can you apply it? Did it save the settings correctly?

3. Does it happen every time? Does it happen with other tools?

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Gossamer

Post by Gossamer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

#1. The first time I tried, I had attempted to save it to "My Theme". The second time I tried, I attempted to save it to a custom category that I created when saving the preset texture. It crashed both times.

#2. Yep, the settings all look correct and I'm able to apply it without issue.

#3. I've seen it happen with the landmass tool as well. It doesn't happen every time though. I've been trying to duplicate it after seeing it crash several times, but no luck yet.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 am

Gossamer wrote:#1. The first time I tried, I had attempted to save it to "My Theme". The second time I tried, I attempted to save it to a custom category that I created when saving the preset texture. It crashed both times.

#2. Yep, the settings all look correct and I'm able to apply it without issue.

#3. I've seen it happen with the landmass tool as well. It doesn't happen every time though. I've been trying to duplicate it after seeing it crash several times, but no luck yet.
Thank you for the info!

The team is trying to reproduce the issue to hopefully fix it with the upcoming release. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Gossamer wrote: It doesn't happen every time though. I've been trying to duplicate it after seeing it crash several times, but no luck yet.
Hello!

We found and fixed the issue (will be fixed with V0.9.3). It only happens when saving a preset into a theme that you haven't opened/selected yet. A temporary work around:

1. With the tool you want to save a preset for selected, scroll and change the current theme to the theme you want to save the new preset to.
2. At this point the presets are loaded and the bug won't occur, so you can change the tool settings and save the new preset without issues.

Thank you for your help!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software