Roads from "Path Tool" disappearing or randomly adding if too many branches exist

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

user_nh

Roads from "Path Tool" disappearing or randomly adding if too many branches exist

Post by user_nh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:39 am

Hiya :) I'm making a large fantasy-themed city (you'll see me in another thread for feature requests in a bit *cough*) and I have encountered something odd several times now.

Here is an image with the numbered 'incidents'.

1) I had a square around the center purple temple first, but as a I was attaching just the basic long, simple roads to the right, left, upper left etc., when I got to the last one (upper right), the square just disappeared on me - and then I redrew it as a circle and it seemed to stay. (not that I think the shape matters).

2) Similarly, I had the square around the large brown symbol first, then added the smaller roads to it and at some point the square disappeared. I redrew it which usually fixes the issue, but it's still odd.

3) On the opposite side of the issue, we have the brown pathways in this image. With the circled one, it suddenly added an additional random path off to the left, several centimeters from where I was clicking.

I think these might both be related to the same issue, something about saving what the user has done going haywire maybe.

Hopefully this helps.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Roads from "Path Tool" disappearing or randomly adding if too many branches exist

Post by Kanchou » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 pm

user_nh wrote:Hiya :) I'm making a large fantasy-themed city (you'll see me in another thread for feature requests in a bit *cough*) and I have encountered something odd several times now.

I think these might both be related to the same issue, something about saving what the user has done going haywire maybe.

Hopefully this helps.
Hello!

Thank you very much for the feedback! Not a lot of our users are doing city maps so it's very much appreciated.

I think there must be an issue with the road path merging/adding/etc and as you pointed out they are probably all related. Is there any chance you could send us your map so that we can attempt to reproduce from there?

info@threemindssoftware.com

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

user_nh

Re: Roads from "Path Tool" disappearing or randomly adding if too many branches exist

Post by user_nh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Sure thing, though the map has changed somewhat (I finished it)... I sent a mail a moment ago.