Following contours is broken and joining rivers broken.

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

kickstarter@richardk.com

Following contours is broken and joining rivers broken.

Post by kickstarter@richardk.com » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

When trying to sketch a boundary that needs to follow the contour of another boundary or river, it seldom works. It will start to ignore clicks and it's not possible to continue sketching the boundary. I have three boundaries and I had to take something like 20 tries for each one to get it too complete.

Rivers are not joining. They are leaving a gap when joined.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Following contours is broken and joining rivers broken.

Post by Kanchou » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 pm

kickstarter@richardk.com wrote:When trying to sketch a boundary that needs to follow the contour of another boundary or river, it seldom works. It will start to ignore clicks and it's not possible to continue sketching the boundary. I have three boundaries and I had to take something like 20 tries for each one to get it too complete.

Hello!

We don't seem too have any issues with either and they are both functions that have been stable for several revs, so I'd like to see what's going on.

1) On the boundaries, can you email me a map with the boundaries/rivers you are trying to follow with another boundary? info@threemindssoftware.com

2) On the rivers, how are you attempting to join the rivers? Is the "Merge" option in the rivel toolbar enabled?

Thank you!
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

kickstarter@richardk.com

Post by kickstarter@richardk.com » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:24 am

Kanchou wrote:
kickstarter@richardk.com wrote:When trying to sketch a boundary that needs to follow the contour of another boundary or river, it seldom works. It will start to ignore clicks and it's not possible to continue sketching the boundary. I have three boundaries and I had to take something like 20 tries for each one to get it too complete.

Hello!

We don't seem too have any issues with either and they are both functions that have been stable for several revs, so I'd like to see what's going on.

1) On the boundaries, can you email me a map with the boundaries/rivers you are trying to follow with another boundary? info@threemindssoftware.com

2) On the rivers, how are you attempting to join the rivers? Is the "Merge" option in the rivel toolbar enabled?

Thank you!
I will email you the map file. Hopefully that will help. I was using freehand mode to draw the boundaries.

As for the rivers, yes the merge checkbox is checked. They just won't merge. In fact, if I draw them too the other river, they will jump back to leave a gap. You should be able to see this in the file I sent you.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

kickstarter@richardk.com wrote:
I will email you the map file. Hopefully that will help. I was using freehand mode to draw the boundaries.

As for the rivers, yes the merge checkbox is checked. They just won't merge. In fact, if I draw them too the other river, they will jump back to leave a gap. You should be able to see this in the file I sent you.
Thank you for sending us the map! I broke back, but I wanted to comment here too so other people can see our response:

"The team will take a look and see what's going on with the following contour
function. One thing to note, you can change the pen to something other than
freehand in the middle of drawing, so could try to see if that lets you
properly follow the contour that way.

Also, for the rivers, if you are using the freehand pen you should be able
to simply let go of the left mouse button over the river you are trying to
connect and it will merge. When using one of the other pens, when hovering
over another river you get the "Click to merge" hint, but with the freehand
pen there is no hint so it is confusing.
I think you may be "right clicking" to try to merge/end the river, when what
you need to do is release the left click (or left click if in a pen other
than freehand) over the another river. Please let me know if this doesn't
make sense or if it wasn't the issue."

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software