Issues I have found

Archive of resolved issues and feature additions completed.

Moderator: Kyete

user_ro

Issues I have found

Post by user_ro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Your inclusion of notes is amazing but you cannot paste text there, which means typing it out yourself. Your link tool does not work over terrain icons like mountains. I cannot seem to edit auto labels, and the boundary tool does not follow the contours of extremely large continents when the canvas is max size. There are no shape presets, also it would be useful to use the textures for continents on shapes.

Didn't see any other posts about my problems, but only scanned first page.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Issues I have found

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello!

Thank you for joining the forums and giving us feedback!
user_ro wrote:Your inclusion of notes is amazing but you cannot paste text there, which means typing it out yourself.
We didn't think about adding an edit menu, we'll have as a functionality request. However, you can use the standard keyboard shortcuts inside the item notes - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-Z, etc. So that should let you copy/paste text into them for now.
user_ro wrote: Your link tool does not work over terrain icons like mountains.
The link tool adds a stand alone item right now, which is limited. The plan long term is to have the option of adding links into items like features.
user_ro wrote: I cannot seem to edit auto labels,
Auto Labels are based on the item name. You would have to edit the name of the item for the auto label to change. Long term we are planning on more options to convert auto labels into editable items, etc.
user_ro wrote: and the boundary tool does not follow the contours of extremely large continents when the canvas is max size.
Noted. We'll add it to our bug list.
user_ro wrote: There are no shape presets, also it would be useful to use the textures for continents on shapes.
Shapes don't have any presets because they are meant as simple/basic items (like lines). If you enable the "texture" properties for shape, you can click on the texture and select any of the textures loaded into OWM.

Thank you again!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software