Greetings from Fishwife Games!

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

Dave Woodrum

Greetings from Fishwife Games!

Post by Dave Woodrum » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Purchased the software along with a few graphic packs the other day after giving the demo a brief spin. I'm very happy with it as the controls on Other World Mapper are really nice! I was able to get up and running with the basic stuff practically immediately and then was able (and still learning) to fine tune certain things to what I want/needed as I went along... a lot better than having all options in your face at once.

As far as why I bought Other World Mapper? Commercial use on my end. Yeah, some personal gaming as well... but primarily commercial use. Through my in house brand Fishwife Games I have historically released very small products and in download format (mostly pdf, some mp3 music stuff, and a fair bit of stl files for 3d printing over the last few years). I'm moving into print on demand (through drivethrurpg) and with that I have to upgrade some stuff- including my habit of using my old self made mapping images that aren't easing over to 300 dpi print demands too well. Did a test on that stuff as well... made a quick scratch map with Other World Mapper, converted to grayscale, and dropped it in Affinity Publisher- conversion to pdf and print out was very nice.

About me in general- I run my own brand and handle most everything myself (aside from a few freelancers here and there). My talents are generally split between game design/supplement writing, 3d model design (for printing minis and props), and arrangement, mixing, and production of music (mostly electronic). In addition to Fishwife Games I have a history of freelance work with different brands, including Smif Ink, Spectrum Games, Fainting Goat Games, Monkey House Games, Fantasy Games Unlimited, Dark Quest Games, Sword Sorcery Studios, etc.
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Greetings from Fishwife Games!

Post by Kyete » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Hello! We're happy to have you here on the forums. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

-Katie

Dave Woodrum

Re: Greetings from Fishwife Games!

Post by Dave Woodrum » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Thanks! I'm already burning up the question department! ;)
Owner/Operator of Fishwife Games brand of products. Over 1,100 products to choose from at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... m=fishwife
Table top game designer, 3d print modeler, music arranger.