Potential New User

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

Maredudd

Potential New User

Post by Maredudd » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:11 am

Hi Folks!

I've been DM/GMing TTRPGs for a long time and most of that have been home brewing my settings and drawing my own maps, doing the old fashioned way with pencil and paper. Three years ago I switched to published adventures, and have thus been using their maps, but I find myself wanting to build my own setting again and that means building my own maps, and I've decided to try some of the mapping software out there now. Being a Mac user, there really isn't a lot op options so I was very happy to check out OWM. To that end I've d/l'd the demo and played with it a little and like what I'm seeing. I have one question though before I plunge and buy a license . . .

Is OWM 64bit compatible?

I'm running Mohave on my mid-2015 MBP and will, one day, update to Catalina and from what I've heard Catalina no longer directly supports 32bit processing and I really don't like using emulators.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Potential New User

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Maredudd wrote:Hi Folks!

I've been DM/GMing TTRPGs for a long time and most of that have been home brewing my settings and drawing my own maps, doing the old fashioned way with pencil and paper. Three years ago I switched to published adventures, and have thus been using their maps, but I find myself wanting to build my own setting again and that means building my own maps, and I've decided to try some of the mapping software out there now. Being a Mac user, there really isn't a lot op options so I was very happy to check out OWM. To that end I've d/l'd the demo and played with it a little and like what I'm seeing. I have one question though before I plunge and buy a license . . .

Is OWM 64bit compatible?

I'm running Mohave on my mid-2015 MBP and will, one day, update to Catalina and from what I've heard Catalina no longer directly supports 32bit processing and I really don't like using emulators.
Thank you for the question! And really happy you tried the demo :)

OWM is a native 64 bit application (has to be because of the large map support). Several users moved to Catalina and everything is working well so far, only thing to note is that you'll have to enable installing apps from outside the Apple store.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Maredudd

Re: Potential New User

Post by Maredudd » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Kanchou wrote:
Maredudd wrote:Hi Folks!

Is OWM 64bit compatible?

Thank you for the question! And really happy you tried the demo :)

OWM is a native 64 bit application (has to be because of the large map support). Several users moved to Catalina and everything is working well so far, only thing to note is that you'll have to enable installing apps from outside the Apple store.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Awesome! I will be purchasing a license shortly!