Hi

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

paulpacheco

Hi

Post by paulpacheco » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi, my name is Paul Jonathan Pacheco. I am Canadian and I have been called a Renaissance Man by many.

Why? Because I write and draw while having interests in woodwork and molding/sculpting. I loathe mathematics but was supposedly good at it a few years back; however, I do believe the rust has accumulated. I never really got into programming but I have been a server and forum admin for multiple sites. I was a percussionist in my school band: I played the standard drum set, xylophone, timpani and bass drums)

Related to Other World Mapper:
I make low res, simple topographical maps for a car-based RPG my brother and I started over 10 years ago. We actually started it as a fan fiction extension of the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. A 6 dice is used for skilled maneuvers and general progression.

I've been writing a novel on and off. The main reason I've been false starting is I have yet to nail down my preferred format. I'm leaning towards a web, blog-like release, but I am nostalgic for that genuine novel feel.

A couple years ago I took what can only be loosely called one of the better online IQ/personality tests, and it stated I was a visual mathematician: meaning among other things that I am inclined to spot patterns.

I really don't know what else to put here... :)

Big Mac

Re: Hi

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Paul. Great to see you are here. :)
paulpacheco wrote:I've been writing a novel on and off. The main reason I've been false starting is I have yet to nail down my preferred format. I'm leaning towards a web, blog-like release, but I am nostalgic for that genuine novel feel.
Perhaps something like CreateSpace could help you. They are owned by Amazon, and have an option for you to distribute books via Kindle downloads or as Print on Demand books in various Amazon stores in different countries. So you could actually have a dead-tree book on sale in Canada, the USA, the UK, Australia and other English speaking places.

Casey Brown (who wrote the Unnofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms book) used CreateSpace and he did some research into how it all worked. (I started a discussion about his research on The Piazza a while ago. I could dig out the link if you are interested.)
paulpacheco wrote:I really don't know what else to put here... :)
A forum signature perhaps. ;) :P
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums