Hello!

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

mark

Hello!

Post by mark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi from United Kingdom! :mrgreen:

I've just purchased the "Expansion Version" of this marvellous piece of software for my PbP game. Over the years I've tried many different mapping solutions, but usually defaulted to AutoRealm and Paint.Net. Other World Mapper has a lot of promise and seems to offer quite good results without too big a learning curve.
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Kanchou » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:59 pm

mark wrote:Hi from United Kingdom! :mrgreen:

I've just purchased the "Expansion Version" of this marvellous piece of software for my PbP game. Over the years I've tried many different mapping solutions, but usually defaulted to AutoRealm and Paint.Net. Other World Mapper has a lot of promise and seems to offer quite good results without too big a learning curve.
Welcome to the forums and to Other World Mapper :)

Very happy you are liking OWM so far! Don't hesitate to let us know any feedback, be it bugs/concerns or requests for more functionality.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:07 pm

mark wrote:Hi from United Kingdom! :mrgreen:

Hi Mark!

Welcome to the OWM forums. I'm from the UK too. I live in London.

I'm one of the backers of the Kickstarter, but I backed to get the Mac OS version, so you will probably be using the software before me.

Is that your PbP game in your signature?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

mark

Post by mark » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:23 am

Hi Big Mac,

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Yes, that's my forum. I wanted unlimited space & bandwidth, and I installed an inbuilt (cheat-free) dice roller for playing PbP. I felt it was important to demonstrate to my players that I was here to stay, as I found it annoying when other GMs from games I had played sometimes just vanished into the ether after I had invested time playing their PbP game.
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras