Hi from a Canadian GM

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

SyntheticGM

Hi from a Canadian GM

Post by SyntheticGM » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Hey everyone. I'm glad to be supporting a product that will help me make maps. I'm a Canadian from Ottawa and I can't wait to try this out to make my campaign map.

I draw old-school style D&D dungeon maps by hand at The Dais and Column http://daisandcolumn.wordpress.com/ and it'll be great to add the local maps too.

jmanorama

Re: Hi from a Canadian GM

Post by jmanorama » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey Canada!
Maine here! Good to here from a fellow Northerner (on this board of Southerner software lol)
-Jmanorama
-Jmanorama

paulpacheco

Post by paulpacheco » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Hello fellow Canadian.

I only zoomed in on the witches coven, but I like your maps. Black and white, simple-but-detailed enough to look like vintage maps, it gives them a lot of character.

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 am

SyntheticGM:

Welcome to our cousin from the North. I love Ottawa this time of year and Montreal too for that matter. It's pretty cold up there by my North Carolina standards but the landscape is crazy beautiful when it snows. The same goes for Middle Ontario. I've spent some winter time in Muskoka with snow drifts reaching the bottom of my second story hotel window. :shock:

In North Carolina we are lucky if the snow reaches our ankles. But that is probably a good thing because the Raleigh School Board closes the schools if they weather mans says it could snow more than 3" the next day. It is also a common held belief among those of us who transplanted here that the dreaded white stuff cause driver amnesia among the native born NC residents.

I liked the map the linked in.. good job! It looks like a nice crawl.
Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

SyntheticGM

Post by SyntheticGM » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm glad you guys liked my maps. I'm drawing a new one most every day. I haven't even posted 10% of them yet, heh.