Greetings from Madison!

New to the forums? Say hi! and tell others about you.

Moderator: Kanchou

efremj

Greetings from Madison!

Post by efremj » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi all!

My name is Efrem and I've been playing fantasy RPGs for the past 36 years. I run my own home-brew RPG every other Saturday for my son and his friends. It's called Dante's Game and it has the feel of old-school D&D along with a mashup of "the best of the best" from a couple of other fantasy RPG sources.

I've been creating my own modules, adventures, and maps almost from the get-go after I played my first couple of D&D games. I was immediately hooked and the ideas have been exploding forth ever since.

I use lots of tabletop props and scenery for my games. I scratch-build terrain and other bits when I can find the time but mostly I'm busy fleshing out adventure arcs for my gaming group. You can see my setup here in the gallery on my game site: http://www.dantesgame.com

I'm very excited to finally have my hands on a copy of Other World Mapper and am really looking forward to more art packs and finally being able to rapidly produce larger and more detailed versions of my world maps!

-Efrem

Big Mac

Re: Greetings from Madison!

Post by Big Mac » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 am

Hi Efrem.

Welcome to the Other World Mapper forums.

I've got some friends who talk about their homebrew worlds over at the Homebrew Worlds forum at The Piazza (I hang out more in the Spelljammer forum). If you wanted to find other homebrew fans to swap ideas with, you would be most welcome to come over and start one or more topics about Dante's Game there.

I need to improve my terrain-building skills. I've been looking around at tutorials, but I also need to make the time to experiment with them.

Do you think you might be making some floor plans with OWM, instead of building bespoke terrain?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

Tgerritsen

Re: Greetings from Madison!

Post by Tgerritsen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:28 am

Hi, Efrem! Glad to meet you. I, too, am in Madison (DeForest really). Glad to know that there's others here using this software. I'm just now digging in to create a map to support my present D&D 5th Edition Campaign.