What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Kanchou
Site Admin

What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Post by Kanchou » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Welcome to the forums!

We want to hear from you! To start with let us know what your plans are for Other World Mapper. Will the maps be for an RPG, a book, a video game? Something else?

Tell us about the maps you plan on making!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Thanaeon

Re: What are your plans for Other World Mapper?

Post by Thanaeon » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:32 am

I will be using it to make maps for my RPG. I suck at anything visual, but with a tool like this, I believe I can make something functional.

Ossus47

Post by Ossus47 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:07 am

I'd love to make my own maps of the worlds of fantasy series that I'm reading. The maps that are provided between books often don't line up together quite perfectly, and they focus entirely on only the portions of the worlds that are relevant to each book. I'd love to put together my own, comprehensive maps showing all of the locations from the series.

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 am

Good Morning,

I and a small group of friends are putting together a new fantasy Pathfinder game with our own setting material. We plan to host virtual table top games for groups who are unable to come together to play because of distance. We are planning on a massive world map so multiple parties can be in the same world making changes and effecting the world as a whole. d20Pro will be used as our VTT system with Other World Mapper being used for our cartography setup.

Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Khaalis

Post by Khaalis » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:08 am

Hey all. Another long time gamer here looking to use the tool for game setting maps. I have an elaborate world I'd like to finally do maps for and this looks like it may be the one tool I've been looking for. Previous genre tools on the market have been more an exercise in trying to basically learn CAD than simple map making tools. I have some high hopes for where this project is heading.

Sir Clarence

Post by Sir Clarence » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:20 am

Hi everyone. I'm a freelance cartographer, working for several OSR gaming companies. My plans for Other World Mapper are to hopefully be able to replace Campaign Cartographer with it. CC3 is a great program and has been my working tool of choice for the last 15 years or so, but it always had some major flaws which Profantasy never solved or even addressed. My email exchange with Stephanie from the OWM team was so heartening that I'm very hopeful that this will soon be a thing of the past.

Rumburak

Post by Rumburak » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:00 am

Hi everyone,

I will use Other World Mapper for our RPG campaigns. But I guess my first few maps will be 'just for fun'.

Patrick

Biakko

Post by Biakko » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:00 pm

I'll use OWM for RPGs. While I love drawing my own maps, sometimes the game is in three hours and there's no time for quality hand made maps.

This awesome tool will be the perfect compromise.

outzenj

Post by outzenj » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Pen-and-paper gaming for me. A world map, and sometimes local maps, are an essential part of the campaign settings I create. And, even as a player, I enjoy sometimes mapping and charting the party's adventures. I'm hoping OWM will help me step up my game from terrible hand-drawn maps.

martylee560@gmail.com

Post by martylee560@gmail.com » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Same, would like to start a 5e campaign using it.