Mac OSX Beta

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Sandyman112

Mac OSX Beta

Post by Sandyman112 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am

Greetings. I have a few questions regarding the Mac Beta of Other World Mapper. Is the Beta for Mac currently available for purchase? I see no distinction in the store between the PC and Mac versions. Also, if the Beta is currently available, will there be regular software updates as development for Mac OSX progresses? Thank you.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Mac OSX Beta

Post by Kanchou » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Sandyman112 wrote:Greetings. I have a few questions regarding the Mac Beta of Other World Mapper. Is the Beta for Mac currently available for purchase? I see no distinction in the store between the PC and Mac versions. Also, if the Beta is currently available, will there be regular software updates as development for Mac OSX progresses? Thank you.
It is, there is no distinction because buying Other World Mapper you get all versions - right now Windows and Mac, and in the future Linux. You can use either or both, and install them to multiple computers (that are yours, of course :) ).

On updates, there's been two releases so far: Beta 1 and Beta 2, roughly a month apart. We expect another release mid-September. That may be a cross platform release (so Mac leaving beta) or a Beta 3 in case we aren't quite ready to leave Beta yet.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software