Layers

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

GhostPower

Layers

Post by GhostPower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:09 pm

So I was going to post this in the Mapping area, but I don't get the option to post there so I'll put it here. My issue is simple, so I'm creating a town and I was wanting to use the "Structure" tool for some flooring to make certain areas look different. But I ran into the issue that Pools are below the Structure in the Layer, and as such the pools will go under the Structure I'm creating and I can't not figure out how to move the Structure to the bottom layer. Sure I can move it to the back, but that's for the back layer of other structures, and I can't move it behind the pools. What can id o about this?

GhostPower

Re: Layers

Post by GhostPower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:51 pm

A temporary soultion I have found is to use "Paths" and to make it really big, but I would still like an answer how how to move the Canvas layers evetnually

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Layers

Post by Kanchou » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 pm

GhostPower wrote:So I was going to post this in the Mapping area, but I don't get the option to post there so I'll put it here.
We cross reference emails with purchases because of the high volume of spammers trying to register.. didn't see it there, so you got default permissions :).
GhostPower wrote: My issue is simple, so I'm creating a town and I was wanting to use the "Structure" tool for some flooring to make certain areas look different. But I ran into the issue that Pools are below the Structure in the Layer, and as such the pools will go under the Structure I'm creating and I can't not figure out how to move the Structure to the bottom layer. Sure I can move it to the back, but that's for the back layer of other structures, and I can't move it behind the pools. What can id o about this?
You can't change the order outside the item type, that's by design because the tools are purpose specific (i.e. river goes above region, etc).

You want to use the Zone Tool for adding flooring variations or effects. That should take care of it, but let us know if that won't work for you.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software