Layers and free rotating

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Elder

Layers and free rotating

Post by Elder » Sun May 06, 2018 4:45 am

Hello,
thanks for letting me in. i have 2 Questions

1) Is it posssible to add a tool for free rotating?
Issue here ist the bridges, whenever i add bridges they never fit, because they cant be adjusted properly to the way the road/river moves. unless ive missed how to do that?

2)how can i group Trees?
Properly a silly question but on forming a forest, i ended ab with like hundred features. Thats ok, as long as im working on the map, but wenn done with it, it would be nice to grab all the trees make one feature call it forest and have only that show under the feaures list.

Sorry for this long text, i like your tool a lot
Thank you

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Layers and free rotating

Post by Kanchou » Mon May 07, 2018 10:43 am

Welcome to OWM and the forums!
Elder wrote: 1) Is it posssible to add a tool for free rotating?
Issue here ist the bridges, whenever i add bridges they never fit, because they cant be adjusted properly to the way the road/river moves. unless ive missed how to do that?
If I'm understanding correctly, when you have an item selected with the transform tool you can rotate freely by using the rotate handle (the gear icon).
Elder wrote: 2)how can i group Trees?
Properly a silly question but on forming a forest, i ended ab with like hundred features. Thats ok, as long as im working on the map, but wenn done with it, it would be nice to grab all the trees make one feature call it forest and have only that show under the feaures list.
You can combine them using the "Colligate" option. For instance, you can select a large group of trees and colligate them into the "Great Forest" which will show up as a single item in the layer's window (and improve performance since OWM won't have to deal with them as single features).
You can restore then to be individual layers using the "uncolligate" option.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Elder

Re: Layers and free rotating

Post by Elder » Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 am

Thank you so much for your answers, neither the bridges nor the forests are any kind of problem anymore!