Upgrade?

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Lionheart

Upgrade?

Post by Lionheart » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi

I purchased the OWM Expanded version a couple of months ago. Recently I got an email that 0.94 version was out now.
But it appears that I can't upgrade from within the tool. I am being let to a page stating this:
Automatic updates are currently disabled for Other World Mapper.

Also from within the upgrade mail I am being linked to my purchase info and the original link to download the whole tool again (not just an upgrade).

How do I upgrade to 0.94 correctly?

Also, I noticed while looking at my cart info, that it says the download information is valid for 3 months from the purchase date.
What if I get a new PC after three months?

Cheers
Lars

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade?

Post by Kanchou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Lionheart wrote:Hi
Also from within the upgrade mail I am being linked to my purchase info and the original link to download the whole tool again (not just an upgrade).
How do I upgrade to 0.94 correctly?
The installer from your purchase info can both be used as a stand alone installer or to upgrade from a previous version. That way you always have the full installer in case you need to rebuild your machine or install into another machine.
However, we'll try to also have a standalone upgrade exe for the release (and we're still working to have automatic updates from within OWM in the future).
Lionheart wrote:Hi
Also, I noticed while looking at my cart info, that it says the download information is valid for 3 months from the purchase date.
What if I get a new PC after three months?
It should be valid for 12 months (I double checked the settings with the download manager service - so I'm not sure why it says 3 months). With the full installer you can always install OWM (since it's DRM Free) and if you don't have the installer anymore, we'll reactivate your download upon request here or email :)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Lionheart

Post by Lionheart » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm

thanks mate
I will just download the full version again for now then. But great if you get the upgrade URL later or activate automatic updates!

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Lionheart wrote:thanks mate
I will just download the full version again for now then. But great if you get the upgrade URL later or activate automatic updates!
You're welcome!

We wanted for people to be able to always have the full installer....but we didn't think about having an option to download an updater exe, so I'm glad you brought it up :)

For automatic updates we're about to migrate our website to a dedicated virtual server (our current host is terrible). Once we get that done we should be able to add it to our next release.

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software