A few Questions

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Jesther

A few Questions

Post by Jesther » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 am

Hi I found your application a few weeks ago and I am about to run my first game in a world I created using your tool, so thank you for that. My questions are 1. The map I created is just one continent and I would like to expand that into a whole world, is this possible and how might I do it? 2. I see maps of dungeons and cities in the galleries and I was wondering how to get started with making a map of that kind.

Jesther

Re: A few Questions

Post by Jesther » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 am

Looking at your website more I found that I need to upgrade my package to use the town and dungeon tools so I will send an email to you and see about getting the upgrade to have all the features.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: A few Questions

Post by Kanchou » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Jesther wrote:Hi I found your application a few weeks ago and I am about to run my first game in a world I created using your tool, so thank you for that. My questions are 1. The map I created is just one continent and I would like to expand that into a whole world, is this possible and how might I do it? 2. I see maps of dungeons and cities in the galleries and I was wondering how to get started with making a map of that kind.
Welcome to OWM and the forums! :)

For the first part, you can do it two ways

a) Going to "Map"-->"Setup" then changing the width and height of your map so that it's bigger (the arrows will let you select in what direction to expand, but you can always move your existing objects around after resizing.

b) Creating a new, bigger map in a new tab, then copy/pasting everything from your original map to the new map.

And for the second part you are correct, city and dungeon tools are from the expansion version. If you do upgrade, I'll point out that the last release included a few of our maps we show in the website so you can open them with OWM and use them as reference or baseline for your own maps :)

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software