New Shop!

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Kanchou
Site Admin

New Shop!

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello!

We added a shop to our website where we'll start including add-on art packs. Only a couple of small packs right now, but we'll be adding more over the next few weeks.

We'll try to keep these as small units, so you can pick and choose the ones you like :)

If you have any requests for artwork styles/themes please let us know!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

ravenkiller

Re: New Shop!

Post by ravenkiller » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:04 pm

I have modified some of your art by changing its color. I added it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Three Minds Software\Other World Mapper\Features"

the new art has different file names but they are put inside existing folders with in the above path.

I use the different colors for Different nations on my world map.

Every time i get an update it seems my art gets over written.

Where will these new art files reside? Will we have to re-load the new art files after an update?

Could do something differently so that I don't have to re-add my own art after every update?

tarski

Post by tarski » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Good idea. The prices are very reasonable. Some Roman themed items such as imperial eagles would be nice :-) Similar to the Greek set, but Romanesq

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 pm

ravenkiller wrote:I have modified some of your art by changing its color. I added it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Three Minds Software\Other World Mapper\Features"

the new art has different file names but they are put inside existing folders with in the above path.

Where will these new art files reside? Will we have to re-load the new art files after an update?

Could do something differently so that I don't have to re-add my own art after every update?
The files will reside in the main set structure (i.e. like the Basic Terrain or Basic Vegetation). The problem you are coming across must be because you have them in the same subfolder as one of the sets as a new category, so the installer is overwriting the entire folder.

We'll change that for the next release (it's obviously a bug).

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:17 pm

tarski wrote:Good idea. The prices are very reasonable. Some Roman themed items such as imperial eagles would be nice :-) Similar to the Greek set, but Romanesq

Noted! Thank you :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm

ravenkiller wrote:I have modified some of your art by changing its color. I added it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Three Minds Software\Other World Mapper\Features"

Can you tell us how you added your modified artwork? I'm actually having a hard time reproducing the issue.

So far I:

1) Created a whole new set, upon installing a newer version of OWM the new set remained
2) Created a new category within an existing set, upon installing a newer version of OWM the new category remained.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software