Selective Labelling

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

mark

Selective Labelling

Post by mark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

I was wondering if it possible, or will be possible soon, to toggle which specific items show labels. I don't just mean the broad categories such as landmass, features etc which we can checkbox in "Auto Label".

For example, suppose I have a bunch of cities (features) on my overland map, where some are explored/known and some are not. I only wish to display the names of explored cities...

I go to 'Auto Labels' and toggle "features" and they all display, but as I said, I only want to display the names of the explored cities.

Is there a way to do that or must I create a Text Label for each and group it with the city-feature? I know can make the entire item vanish with a toggle in the layers window (not what I am trying to do), but I cannot seem to do the same for the label!

I was hoping there might be a checkbox toggle in the Item Properties such as, "Show Label (when Auto Label is on)" or similar.

I'd appreciate any guidance,
Many thanks!
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Selective Labelling

Post by Kanchou » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

mark wrote:I was wondering if it possible, or will be possible soon, to toggle which specific items show labels. I don't just mean the broad categories such as landmass, features etc which we can checkbox in "Auto Label".

For example, suppose I have a bunch of cities (features) on my overland map, where some are explored/known and some are not. I only wish to display the names of explored cities...

I go to 'Auto Labels' and toggle "features" and they all display, but as I said, I only want to display the names of the explored cities.

Is there a way to do that or must I create a Text Label for each and group it with the city-feature? I know can make the entire item vanish with a toggle in the layers window (not what I am trying to do), but I cannot seem to do the same for the label!

I was hoping there might be a checkbox toggle in the Item Properties such as, "Show Label (when Auto Label is on)" or similar.

I'd appreciate any guidance,
Many thanks!
Sorry for the late reply, had to poke the rest of the team about it. We'll try to add the ability to hide individual item's auto labels. We'll actually be re-designing auto labels soon (always maintaining compatibility so don't worry about existing maps :) ).

There are several aspects about their functionality, options and UI that we aren't happy about.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

mark

Re: Selective Labelling

Post by mark » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Thank you for the reply! That sounds excellent, you guys are doing a fantastic job! :D
Vikingr -- 9th century PbP using Mythras