Facebook Reviews

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Kanchou
Site Admin

Facebook Reviews

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Hello,

We enabled "Reviews" in our Facebook page. If you are enjoying OWM and have a moment, we would very much appreciate if you can add a rating (and review if you have the extra time).

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Re: Facebook Reviews

Post by stefanstr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:28 pm

No review from me until there's a Mac version. :)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm

stefanstr wrote:No review from me until there's a Mac version. :)
There you are! :) Haven't seen you around for a while. Mac beta scheduled for the next release now (well, unless we need to make another release earlier fixing a nasty bug).

I did get to fix most of the transformation issues with V0.9.3 - not sure if you still have access to a Windows PC.

Happy New Year!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:32 am

Kanchou wrote:
stefanstr wrote:No review from me until there's a Mac version. :)
There you are! :) Haven't seen you around for a while. Mac beta scheduled for the next release now (well, unless we need to make another release earlier fixing a nasty bug).

I did get to fix most of the transformation issues with V0.9.3 - not sure if you still have access to a Windows PC.

Happy New Year!
Yay! The Mac beta is nearly ready!

I thought I was going to need to build a PC and take up your kind offer of using the PC version.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Big Mac wrote: Yay! The Mac beta is nearly ready!

I thought I was going to need to build a PC and take up your kind offer of using the PC version.
It will be the Beta release, so likely with issues/missing stuff.

FYI. If you end up building a PC, the way the license is you can run OWM in both your PC and your Mac (and however many computers you have at home) - as long as they are computers in your household there is no limit.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Post by stefanstr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:43 am

Kanchou wrote: There you are! :) Haven't seen you around for a while. Mac beta scheduled for the next release now (well, unless we need to make another release earlier fixing a nasty bug).

Happy New Year!

- Alejandro
I have become a father this year which severely reduced the time I can dedicate to idle pastimes like map making. :) In theory, I still have access to my wife's PC, but it's just too annoying to keep borrowing it so I stopped using OWM until you release it for the Mac.

Good to hear about the transformation issues. I will test it out once there is a Mac version.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 pm

stefanstr wrote:I have become a father this year which severely reduced the time I can dedicate to idle pastimes like map making. :) In theory, I still have access to my wife's PC, but it's just too annoying to keep borrowing it so I stopped using OWM until you release it for the Mac.

Good to hear about the transformation issues. I will test it out once there is a Mac version.
Belated Congratulations from the team :)!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Kanchou wrote:
Big Mac wrote: Yay! The Mac beta is nearly ready!

It will be the Beta release, so likely with issues/missing stuff.
Sounds like I'll be able to join the Mac Bugspotting Team. Are there "Bugspotting Points"? Is there a Bugspotting Leaderboard to show which user has helped find the most bugs? :)
Kanchou wrote:FYI. If you end up building a PC, the way the license is you can run OWM in both your PC and your Mac (and however many computers you have at home) - as long as they are computers in your household there is no limit.

- Alejandro
Thanks Alejandro.

I'm getting a backup machine built.

I had some serious problems with my Mac laptop last year. I've got a new one now, but I'm getting a backup Intel Mac tower machine, that is going to be able to boot into both Mac OS and Windows. So I'll be able to put run the Mac OS version of OWM on my laptop and my tower and also run the PC version on Windows on the tower.

Being able to use OWM on multiple machines (in my house) means that I'll be keep going if I have problems with either of the computers I'm going to have.

The tower machine still needs some bits bought for it, but if I get used to the Windows version of OWM, I should be able to compare the same tools with the Mac OS version if anything feels wonky in the Mac Beta. 8-)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums